Landing Gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing Gear

I seem to be the ultimate destructor of landing gear. Mine breaks all the time. Either the flaps never close if i can't land properly or if i pull out the landing gear to early they get jammed and i hear all kinds of crazy noises.. lol.

My guess is landing gear is very picky about being out when it shouldn't be. Gotta get better at using it.

- -

Re: Landing Gear

Make sure your airspeed is below 300 kts before you lower the gear...that's how I usually end up with busted gear!
    [volun]

Comment

Retract the landing gear when you show 200 feet height and have a positive climb rate.
      Jex.

Comment

You also need to land within tolerances - 2.5 degrees of descent is best and don't flare too much - just gently move the flight path indicator from the near end of the runway to the middle of the runway and cut power when you're at <100 feet altitude (and carrying enough speed not to stall at 75 feet!).

Comment

I always break my gear too I usually just fall onto the runway then I realized that you have to hold k to use the brakes not just press it once.:) How do you use the flaps, I press the button for full flaps but I dont hear anything and my angle doesnt seem to change.

Comment

Flaps are controlled by the FCC i think - they're automatic in other words.
            Jex.

Comment

the wheel flaps is what i was refering too. When my landing gear gets screwed up, i go take a look from outside the jet to see my landing gear below me. The wheels are in but the flaps have not closed. Only happens every so often, it's probably related to air speed.

- -

Comment

At least you guys remembered the gear :icon8:

After 2 blown landing attempts, I had a picture perfect approach, so smooth....awesome,....perfect flare...then *CRUNCH*...I was soooo concentrating on making the approach, line-up, landing...that I missed putting the gear down (I can't find the "doofus" icon ;)) That was enough flying for me for the night...I went to bed on that note....lol

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                  At least you guys remembered the gear :icon8:

After 2 blown landing attempts, I had a picture perfect approach, so smooth....awesome,....perfect flare...then *CRUNCH*...I was soooo concentrating on making the approach, line-up, landing...that I missed putting the gear down (I can't find the "doofus" icon ;)) That was enough flying for me for the night...I went to bed on that note....lol
                  Yep i did that too, i was sooo disappointed. :(

- -

Comment

After many tries, i've finally landed 5 times in a row! The Alt H really helps with the getting lined up. For some reason following headings from control gets me really screwed up.

My ratings were 55-62% not to shabby, speed was the biggest issue.

- -

Comment

Dont trust the Tower to much. I find that they are prety unreliable ( I think they just sit around drinking Coffee! ) I use Visual more often than not to check where I am in relation to the runway, and usually swith over to TACAN/ILS or NAV/ILS. that helps a lot, and remmeber, dont go below 180 Kts while your landing, or you will probably end up crashing. Also, the Landing Gear WILL go CRUNCH! if you fly over 300Kts with it extended. Make SURE you are under that speed while on approach and also dont above this speed while descending. This is VERY easy to do, and have done it a few times myself. Have you tried the Nuclear :icon33: Bomb yet? Just wondering.
                      Kick the Tires, and Light the Fires!

Comment

I was having problems with busting my gear on landings....bad problems! I finally found the ultimate guide to picture perfect landings and haven't had any problems since then. I'll come back and edit this post when I find it again. Otherwise I have the pdf file if someone wants it.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Howdy Fonzie, welcome to TG! Hope to fly with you soon.
                          [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                            I was having problems with busting my gear on landings....bad problems! I finally found the ultimate guide to picture perfect landings and haven't had any problems since then. I'll come back and edit this post when I find it again. Otherwise I have the pdf file if someone wants it.
                            Thanks to Freebirds for this Excellent Landing Tutorial zip pdf
                            New to TG?

Comment

At least you get to the landing part of a mission. I usually land on my little rubber raft as I watch my plane fertilize the countryside.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X