Change TACAN Freq's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change TACAN Freq's

Any one know how to change the TACAN Freq in Allied Force?

I have been looking in the manual but cant find it.

Flint

Re: Change TACAN Freq's

You can make the change on the ICP (Integrated Control Panel) and the DED (Date Entry Display). Respectively, that's the cluster of buttons directly below the HUD, and the digital text display to the right of it.

First locate the DCS (Data Control Switch) on the ICP which has RTN on the left and SEQ to the right with up and down arrows. Click this switch to the left (RTN) to reset the DED to the CNI page (Communication, Navigation and Identification). You have to do this in order to transition from one ICP mode to another.

Next, click the T-ILS button, which is also the #1 button. You'll see your currently selected Tacan channel on the DED. Enter the desired channel using the keypad on the ICP and click Enter, also on the ICP. You should see the numbers entered on the DED between the two astericks. Your DED should now read the correct Tacan Channel.

Supposedly you can also manually enter the Tacan on the instrument panel to your extreme left near the lights panel, but I've not had any success with that.

EDIT:
    The ICP and DED are covered more in depth on page 403 of the manual.
    New to TG?

Comment

To enter the data on the left panel, you need to select 'back-up' for it to work. I think the ICP is the main input and the one real pilots would use, the left panel as the back up (and hence why the switch needs to be changed). Good call squid.
      Jex.

Comment

Thanks,

I will try that!

Flint

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement