Training Flight, Thurs. Sept. 1, 9:00 PM EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Flight, Thurs. Sept. 1, 9:00 PM EST

I'll be conducting a F4AF orientation training flight on Thursday September 1 at 9:00 PM EST. I have two available slots, so you can reply to this message if you want to sign up.

Topics will include:

Joining F4AF multiplayer servers & standard operating procedures
    Recommended settings
    Introduction to briefings/pre-flight
    Cockpit familiarization
    Takeoff
    Basic navigation
    Landing

If time permits, we'll delve a little into air-to-ground weapon delivery, because everyone likes to blow stuff up. :icon16: Otherwise we'll save it for the next training session.

This is "Falcon 101" and we'll stick to the basics for this flight, so all skill levels are quite welcome!

And if you can't make this flight, let me know and we'll schedule more as needed.
    Last edited by TG_PolishBoogieman; 08-26-2005, 02:37 PM. Reason: Misprint
    [volun]

Re: Training Flight, Thurs. Sept. 1, 9:00 PM EST

That is a great idea and very generous of you. I have my laptop next to my monitor the PDF manual loaded, but I still have trouble with some of the weapons systems. I look forward to taking you up on your offer when you get to some of the more intermediate lessons.

Comment

That is great Boogieman!

Let me know when you are planning a "Laser Guided Bomb" class. I miss about 50% of the time! Cant figure out why???

I have read and re-read the manual on LGB's etc...

Look forward to see in in the sky of f4AF.

Thanks,

Flint

Comment

Sure thing, guys. There will be more offerings down the pike.

Even skilled pilots should consider taking an orientation flight (or "O-Flight") if they plan to play on the TG campaign server. F4AF is pretty picky about the multiplayer mode and there's a standard procedure that everyone needs to follow when joining up. Otherwise, you are almost guaranteed to run into problems and very likely upset the server.

O-Flights for experienced pilots can exclude any actual flight training - it would be a multiplayer tutorial only, just to put everyone on the same page. Short & sweet.

Look for more info from Jex soon regarding O-Flights.

Flint: I've read a lot of posts on SimHQ about problems with the LGB's. Either it's buggy or the proper way to deploy them isn't very clear in the manual. One thing to try is to keep the TGP in "Area" mode (don't designate a second time into "Point" mode), fly the steering cue, then pickle. You can make small adjustments as the bombs fall and steer them right on target. The tricky part is that once you fly over the target, the cursor directions reverse - left is right, right is left.

Give this a try and see if it's any better.

And don't feel guilty about chucking the LGB's for good old dumb bombs - lots of people seem to hate the LGB's and their finicky ways.
        [volun]

Comment

I am no longer a supporting member due to financial reasons. I see that the server is private. Is that a problem? Also, I would like to join you on thursday if there is room.

Comment

Registered members are always welcome to participate in training flights and any other flights hosted by individual players. So it's no problem at all that you're not a SM. The campaign server is limited to SM's at the moment, but you can always fly your own campaign if you want, or join other players when they host games. Or host your own. :D

So that's two confirmed slots for Thursday's training. One more slot available...
            [volun]

Comment

Ill take the last slot. I really need some training.

Comment

Great, all slots are now filled!

Let's meet up on TeamSpeak in the "Falcon 4: Allied Force" room around 9 PM on Thursday.
                [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman

Let's meet up on TeamSpeak in the "Falcon 4: Allied Force" room around 9 PM on Thursday.

bah!! How did I miss this thread!

Well, if someone cancels let me know!

Kynes

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman

Ill be there.

Comment

Wow john is flying falcon! i'll have to come fly a mission or two with you guys soon. Been busy as hell for me.

Have fun on the flight!

- -

Comment

I have been a fan on MSFS fro a while but found most CFS to be too arcade like and way too linear. But Falcon, my god, this is a masterpiece, a labor of love. For a developer to write a 718 page manual and to create a CFS game that is not dumbed down for the masses is rare indeed. I am not sure you want me as your wing man Vulcan. I am still learning, with little success, how to operate the radars and weapons systems. I might end up placing an AIM-9P thorough your engine housing.

Comment

Kynes, you can have my slot. I'm going to have to pick up the wife from here Finance class at 9:30, so I can't stay for the whole thing. I'll get in on another training session.

Comment

If anyone else has to drop I would love (read: really need) a slot.

I may be outstepping my boundries being new and whatnot..I dunno..if so someone put me in line.

Comment

Originally posted by EinSof
                              I may be outstepping my boundries being new and whatnot..I dunno..if so someone put me in line.
                              LI-EinSof-NE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X