Orientation/Training flight, Tues. Sept. 20, 8:00 EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orientation/Training flight, Tues. Sept. 20, 8:00 EST

I'll be conducting a F4AF orientation/training flight this Tuesday, September 20 at 8:00 PM EST. I have two available slots, so you can reply to this message if you want to sign up.

This flight will be in two parts - the first part will be orientation where we talk about the SOP's for joining multiplayer Falcon games, recommended settings, and pre-flight and briefing introduction.

The second part will be flight instruction, covering the following topics:

Cockpit familiarization
    Takeoff
    Basic navigation
    Landing
    Q&A

We can add topics by request if time permits.

This is "Falcon 101" and we'll stick to the basics for this flight, so all skill levels are quite welcome!

And if you can't make this flight, let us know and we'll schedule more as needed.
    [volun]

Re: Orientation/Training flight, Tues. Sept. 20, 8:00 EST

hey sweet flight last nite..sry bout the router thing. i kno we sat on the ground for most of it but i still enjoyed learnin all that stuff..prob learned more in that hour than i did reading the manual for a week.

lets see what did we get done...lots of familiarization stuff on the ground..takeoff..then navigation and we quit on radar when i had to go :(

hopefully we can get back up where we left off sometime soon. i'm pretty much available most evenings these days after 8...

Comment

zero glad to hear you enjoyed it! Hopefully you can get finished up on the training and we can get ya in the air for a mission soon. Kinda new here myself..but I love it and it seems we could use some new blood...er...new pilots =p.
      Lookin forward to flyin with ya.

Comment

No problem about the router, Zero...

We got everything covered that I wanted to cover, except for maybe getting a landing in. The radar stuff was a bonus - I normally don't even get into that on the first flight. So you're actually a little bit ahead!

I'd say your next flight should be a little air-to-ground excursion, with some iron bombs in CCIP mode. Maybe some Mavericks too. There's nothing like blowing stuff up to get the blood going!

Make sure you understand the HSD display, the SMS display, and how to select and jettison stuff from the S-J display. Those would be good items to review.

I won't be available this weekend - I have family coming in - but if you check in this weekend, I bet you'll find an instructor who'll take you up. Or, I'll be available again beginning Monday.

After one more flight with some weapons training, we can take you up on a combat mission - and that's where the REAL fun starts!
        [volun]

Comment

ya i started goin over some of the a-a and a-g radar modes (bore, ccrp, ccip, etc) in the manual. i don't have a firm grasp on any of them but its definately enough of a foundation to be able to pick it up very quick with an instructor in probably one lesson.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X