Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decluttering the Hud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Decluttering the Hud

    Hi there I am new to falcon 4 and am practicing my landings. However I want the pitch indicator lines to show when i land (the things saying -5degree, -10degree etc). However when I press h to declutter the hud nothing happens. I dont understand why. Ive tried resetting the hud by pressing "c" but that doesnt do anything. Im stuck and i cant really land when im not sure what glide slope im on.

    Thanks for your help.

    Owain

  • #2
    Re: Decluttering the Hud

    Yeah, you definitely need the pitch ladder. Try pressing "H". Are you in ILS/TCN mode on the Instr Mode Selector Switch?

    How are you getting to the point where the pitch ladder disappears? The pitch ladder is on by default, but it should also come on automatically when you lower the landing gear.
    New to TG?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Decluttering the Hud

      Also make sure you're in Nav mode, not A-A or A-G mode. You can just press the A-A or A-G button again on the ICP to return to nav mode.

      When I come in for a landing, once I'm on final, I press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S. Declutters the bottom portion of the HUD so I can better see the runway.
      [volun]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Decluttering the Hud

        hi there,

        thanks for the reply guys. I tried everything you said but the "h" button still doesnt do anything. I mean there is no clicking sound on the program like there is when you press Ctrl + h. Any other ideas?

        Regards,

        Owain

        p.s. I seem to be stuck in a mode where the pitch ladder comes on only when you are on a large ascent or descent (not when coming in for a landing where the pitch ladder does not come on at all)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Decluttering the Hud

          I read something about this in the manual. Are you in Easy Avioncis mode?

          Originally posted by Banditeer
          hi there,

          thanks for the reply guys. I tried everything you said but the "h" button still doesnt do anything. I mean there is no clicking sound on the program like there is when you press Ctrl + h. Any other ideas?

          Regards,

          Owain

          p.s. I seem to be stuck in a mode where the pitch ladder comes on only when you are on a large ascent or descent (not when coming in for a landing where the pitch ladder does not come on at all)
          New to TG?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Decluttering the Hud

            Thats it! Thanks everyone for helping...easy avionics was why it wasnt working. Now I have to practice landing the plane without scraping the speed brakes. Cheers!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Decluttering the Hud

              If you can Banditeer, try to get used to using only the Flight Path Marker for your landings, in conjunction with the 2.5 pitch mark.

              Using the throttle will make the FPM move up (accelerate) or down (deccelerate). Place the FPM on the beginning of the runway and use the throttle to adjust it. Once you have this mastered you'll find landings a lot more fun. :)
              Jex.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Decluttering the Hud

                Originally posted by USN_Squid
                Yeah, you definitely need the pitch ladder. Try pressing "H". Are you in ILS/TCN mode on the Instr Mode Selector Switch?

                How are you getting to the point where the pitch ladder disappears? The pitch ladder is on by default, but it should also come on automatically when you lower the landing gear.
                When I land usually the only things I have on the hud are the FPM speed alt and a fuel warning.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Decluttering the Hud

                  Originally posted by EinSof
                  When I land usually the only things I have on the hud are the FPM speed alt and a fuel warning.
                  Lol, fuel warning.

                  That's great, with practice you shouldn't need the pitch ladder, but for anyone learning I highly recommend the full HUD display with ILS bars too. If the hud is too cluttered you can always use the "1" key to get a better view of the runway.
                  New to TG?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Decluttering the Hud

                    Originally posted by USN_Squid
                    Lol, fuel warning.

                    That's great, with practice you shouldn't need the pitch ladder, but for anyone learning I highly recommend the full HUD display with ILS bars too. If the hud is too cluttered you can always use the "1" key to get a better view of the runway.
                    Ya, Squid has a TE for you that requires the ILS bars ...... good practice for sure!

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X