pickle usage....CCRP....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickle usage....CCRP....

when you are using CCRP Mode, you lock a target then you watch your radar on the left mfd (agr) the second bombing cue to hit your flight path marker then you hit the pickle and hold. But nothing happens? Do I have to arm something or what? But if I use the CCIP mode, moving the pipper, line it up on a target and pickle, the bombs release with no problem. I figure I'm doing something wrong in CCRP mode but cant figure it out.

Ministry

Re: pickle usage....CCRP....

Quick answer:
    Originally posted by Ministry
    you watch your radar on the left mfd (agr) the second bombing cue to hit your flight path marker then you hit the pickle and hold.
    You have this reversed; Hold the pickle first and let the release cue hit the FPM... "Bombs Away".

Longer Answer:
    If you're in CCRP and have your target locked there's no need to watch the MFD for AGR. Obviously using SP (steerpoint) mode and precision steerpoints makes this easier, because you don't have to search and lock up a target.

With a target locked you will keep the vertical HUD line square with the FPM. The release cues are the same as in CCIP; the first horizontal marker is the loft cue which coincides with a flashing circle, the second horizontal release cue is the normal CCRP release cue.

You must be holding the release pickle down for the bombs to release. Unless you are lofting them in you will want to hold down the pickle once the second release marker begins to come down the hud. Once it reaches the FPM the bombs will release.

Did that help?
    New to TG?

Comment

Also, as you approach the target watch out for the wind factor. Keep the vertical steering line, Flight Path Marker and TD Box in line as you fly over the target.if you don't you will miss the target. Make sure the Drift C\O switch is in NORM for wind allowance. Most of the crosswind correction is made by drift stabilization of the FPM and associated symbology. As long as the drift cutout switch is in the NORM position, the technique of placing the FPM upwind, and the VSL through the target will cause the nose of the aircraft to be crabbed into the wind.

This crabbing causes the aircraft to fly over the target, thus compensating for most of the crosswind.However, with strong winds and/or high drag weapons, there will be additional corrections required to account for bomb trail. If you have a stong crosswind the computer may not release the bombs in which case you will have to go around again. Head or down wind releases if possible are usually the best. This also applies to CCIP. Hope this also helps.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried loft bombing with blu-107's on a runway (or divetoss for that matetr)?
        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
          Has anyone ever tried loft bombing with blu-107's on a runway (or divetoss for that matetr)?
          In one of the early TE's in the Balkans package, you have to bomb an airfield with BLU's, I think. There is a SAM site just beyond the target that will get you if you try to level bomb the place with CCRP. I have tried to loft it, but have never been able to make it work. After pulling up, I can never reach the cue.
          Doc Z

No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

I have'nt tryed that but I've fired a couple of AGM 65s at an Aircraft Carrier and they went straight through the deck and splooshed into the water, WTF. Could of at least blown up some fish or something but nothing happened, just a small splash. Very disappointing. Then, on the way home, I get lit up by an SA-N-6 52 miles away, fired from the same ship.........WTF Must of spilt the Captains coffee or something.:icon24:

Comment

I tried and you cannot loft bomb with BLU-107's - lol it deploys a parachute as it opens.
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                I tried and you cannot loft bomb with BLU-107's - lol it deploys a parachute as it opens.
                OK. So you have to level bomb the field, but how to you get away with it in the TE. Every time I try, the SAM gets me. Even if I evade it, I am passt the point of letting the bomb go.
                Doc Z

Comment

I haven't tried the training mission but

1) jamemr on
                  2) chuck out chaff
                  3) bring some harms :)
                  Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by DocZ
                    In one of the early TE's in the Balkans package, you have to bomb an airfield with BLU's, I think. There is a SAM site just beyond the target that will get you if you try to level bomb the place with CCRP.
                    If you're talking about the 1V1 airbase attack TE, chk your loadout. In that particular TE you are also loaded with 6 dumb bombs. From the recon in the briefing, get the co-ordinates for the Low Blow at the target site and take it out on your first pass.... after which you can take your time with the BLUs.

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
                    Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
                      Doc Z

Comment

The Durandals are high drag. The description says they are releasable at 250ft, if I recall correctly.

They are meant to be delivered by driving straight down the runway, and releasing in a ripple that will cover the span of the runway.

I usually try to set a waypoint that will line me up with the runway on the way to the next one, driving in with TFR, and some final corrections, pickle and egress. I really like them cause it is hard to miss the target when you are directly above it at 250 feet.

If you want to do a stand off attack on a runway, there is a GBU (24 B/B?) that is based around the durandal, which is not a high drag wepon either. You could loft them if needed. I would think it is tough to do that and keep the target lased for the full time aloft.

I am by no means an expert at F4, but I hope this gives you some ideas.

Ivan

Comment

It seems like your refering to the CCRP lofting mode, you just have to wait until that goes past your crosshairs, and wait for the second cue to go past, just hold the pickle, and it will fall fine.
                          -Kaine

Comment

Originally posted by Kaine904
                            It seems like your refering to the CCRP lofting mode, you just have to wait until that goes past your crosshairs, and wait for the second cue to go past, just hold the pickle, and it will fall fine.
                            -Kaine
                            Please see my reply above. If you "wait for the second cue to go past, just hold the pickle" you will not be releasing any bombs!
                            New to TG?

Comment

err... wait for the first cue to go past, then hold the pickle till the second cue goes, thats what i meant, WHOOPS!!!
                              sry squid! thnxs for catchin that!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X