Virtual Top Gun visual guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Top Gun visual guide

Virtual Top Gun is an e-book on CD-ROM that will help you achieve more success and have more fun as a PC combat flight simulation pilot. You've seen the other books and sim manuals - full of gaps big enough to fly an AC-130 through, using the same old confusing diagrams, and apparently more about letting the author show off than about explaining the art of air combat... This one is different! Virtual Top Gun is a self-guided training tool, designed to fill in those gaps and make you a better pilot. A complete combat school for everyone ready to go Mach 2 indoors.
    Found this site that sells an e-book on CD that plays advanced combat flight maneuvers on visualization software for all military aircraft including helicopters. Not sure if it's still available but could be easier than reading manuals.Price is $17.95us Anyway here is the link.

http://www.digins.com/TopGun/

I e-mailed them and got this reply,

Hi, Ridler.

> Are you guys still selling your e-book on combat sims?

Yes. It hasn't been updated in a while but it's still
    available. Shipping is free (even to Australia).

-- Jack
    Last edited by Ridler; 02-06-2006, 10:20 AM.

Re: Virtual Top Gun visual guide

Very interesting. Thanks Ridler.

Has anyone ever heard of "Living and Dying in the Virtual Sky" or something very close to that? It supposedly contains content similar to Shaw's "Fighter Combat" but is easier to digest. I have heard that title referenced on some other sites but have never been able to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridler
      Shipping is free (even to Australia).
      Awesome. By the way, Ridler, if you ever get the urge to fly some missions during the Aussie nighttime, give me a holler. Empty servers make a sad munchkin.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
        Awesome. By the way, Ridler, if you ever get the urge to fly some missions during the Aussie nighttime, give me a holler. Empty servers make a sad munchkin.

Yep, no worries, finally getting a new soundcard so should be up and running tomorrow:) . Catch up with ya on TeamSpeak.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDuke16
          Has anyone ever heard of "Living and Dying in the Virtual Sky" or something very close to that? It supposedly contains content similar to Shaw's "Fighter Combat" but is easier to digest. I have heard that title referenced on some other sites but have never been able to find it.

I have. It's called 'How to Live and Die in the Virtual Sky' written by Dan "Crash" Crenshaw. It's very good and well written in my view. Here's the link,

http://www.sci.fi/~fta/acmintro.htm

Also the original Falcon 4.0 : Prima's Official Strategy Guide' written by F16 Pilot Pete "Boomer" Bonanni is still around and it's almost as rare as Dans book. This one is almost $80.00us which just about makes it a collectors item. Happy reading.:row__572:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...Fencoding=UTF8

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X