Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Radar not showing targets

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my air to air radar. for some reason it is not showing the yellow blips at all. the radar is on, it's not on silent and it does not say "NO RAD". can anybody give me any suggestions?

Tigerslb

Re: AA Radar not showing targets

Originally posted by tigerslb
    Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my air to air radar. for some reason it is not showing the yellow blips at all. the radar is on, it's not on silent and it does not say "NO RAD". can anybody give me any suggestions?

Tigerslb
    Have you changed anything like patches or cockpits? Can you give more details about what you've tried; ranges, bar scans, elevations, etc. Try flying towards a busy area of the map like Seoul or the flot and see if you can see anything at all at max range, bar scan, elevation and azimuth.
    New to TG?

Comment

You know what... i'm actually fairly new so i have some idea of what going on but not much... I know that when i am in the Sidewinder or Amaraam training mission, when it starts i switch to AA radar and hardpoint (ENTER key) and i can have a target right on my nose and it won't show in the FCR in RWS mode. does that help much?

Comment

You know what... i'm actually fairly new so i have some idea of what going on but not much... I know that when i am in the Sidewinder or Amaraam training mission, when it starts i switch to AA radar and hardpoint (ENTER key) and i can have a target right on my nose and it won't show in the FCR in RWS mode. does that help much?
        Slew your radar up and down to check every altitude, sounds like the cone of the radar is missing the target. Or, just boresight and aim your nose at the inbound.

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
        AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ Toledo Core
        OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
        ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
        GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS
        Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i w/Rudder

Comment

I know it's very academic and boring but if you haven't already you should read through the section in the manual on AA Radar. There's really more to it than we can put here in a simple post. More importantly book a training session with an Instructor Pilot or grab someone on TS. You'll learn very quickly that way with less headache.

Instructor Pilots
          New to TG?

Comment

Ya i keep reading through the manual and running the training mission but it just does not seen to work. I have also tried slewing up and down and resetting to try different altitudes... no luck... seems like to get the result i want i have to switch to dogfight mode and boresight the target then cancel dogfight mode. Thats where i want to get w/o having to go into dogfight mode. My RWS just isn't showing the targets. I could be right on the six of an enemy and it just won't show up.

Comment

Well i have a head set on it's way to my house right now so that i can get on teamspeak. I get in and do some training w/ an IP and maybe we can troubleshoot the problem in real time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X