TRAINING IS AVAILABLE, free for the asking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAINING IS AVAILABLE, free for the asking

Just want to reiterate that Falcon training is available, for free and at your convenience, on any topic you wish to have covered. All you have to do is ask one the the instructor pilots. Catch them on TeamSpeak or send them a private message and set something up. Individually or in groups, we can offer what you want or need. This resource is rarely used and it can be very helpful. And it will make the overall experience better for everyone. Remember, while all pilots who have taken an O-Flight are welcome to fly on the server, you will have a lot more fun and contribute a lot more to the effort if you have some knowledge and experience under your belt.

The current instructor pilots and their availabilities are listed here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/falcon-...ilability.html

Take advantage!
    [volun]

Re: TRAINING IS AVAILABLE, free for the asking

Free?? Why did I have to pay Fuzzy $20 each time for then? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
      Guys, I guess I am very spoiled by FS9's graphics. A little dissapointed in F4's FS 98 looking graphics :-(
      You need to get this. It's basically a satellite-imagery based scenery pack, and now I actually enjoy looking out the cockpit on long flights.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Fuzzy charges money but it's not for the training, it's for the atmosphere. :)
        [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman
          aah :)

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman
            And good atmosphere can make all the difference.

Boring offline training missions... OK.

Online interactive training with folks you're going to fly with... priceless!

Thanks to PolishBoogieman for my O-flight and the impromptu CCIP runway bombing run last night.
            Pavehawk
            Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
              Thanks Munch, David suggested that. But not willing to spend the cash on it, not sure if I'll use F4 after the graphics dissapointment :-(
              What you need to keep in mind is that Falcon cannot be like FS9. Try adding 5000 air and ground units all moving around the map and engaging each other and see your frame rates drop to nothing. If you want to take part in a war as a virtual pilot in probably the most realistic pit made for an F16, then you'll need to put up with the graphics. Falcon is not a 'looking around at things whilst I fly' sim, it's a "keep your wits about you and attack the enemy' sim :)
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                What you need to keep in mind is that Falcon cannot be like FS9. Try adding 5000 air and ground units all moving around the map and engaging each other and see your frame rates drop to nothing. If you want to take part in a war as a virtual pilot in probably the most realistic pit made for an F16, then you'll need to put up with the graphics. Falcon is not a 'looking around at things whilst I fly' sim, it's a "keep your wits about you and attack the enemy' sim :)
                Agreed. I did fly FS9 for a while, as part of getting my pilots license (almost there!), but they really are very different beasts. The enjoyment in FS9 comes from doing things that would be challenging for you to pull off in the real world, such as touch and go landings in a C-130 in excessive crosswinds, as well as the relaxation and atmosphere that comes with it. It's also nice to be able to point and say 'Ooh! I can see a building that may or may not be my house from here' ;)

While the FS9 experience can be had pretty easily offline, Falcon is, in comparison, pretty unenjoyable unless you're in a multiplayer game. The atmosphere is what counts, and all our pilots strive to keep it as realistic as possible. AF also creates an unparalleled sense of you actually being a tiny cog in the wheel of war. Little touches such as having flights of A-10s wheel past you, guns blazing, or being able to see explosions as the units on the ground fight it out. There's a great deal of depth here, so give it time, don't try and learn everything in one go, and get online or on TS as soon as possible.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

The only atmosphere I got was some Barry Manilow ("I Write the Songs") and some Clos du Mesnil 1995... Of course my "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" training kicked in and I left... :)

Comment

I agree with Jex - F4:AF is definately not about looking for every building in detail in the greater Brazoria area (*lol*), but more about "my target is the second building past the refinery". As far as cockpits go, whether you stick with the default or shell out $20 for the StopWorks (?) one, you can't get much more realistic... My father sent me a shot of a real Falcon pit, and these are almost dead on. The teamwork really comes through as well - you have to stay in constant communication to maintain a formation, identify air targets, etc. :)

Comment

Originally posted by EyeSeePeeDude
                      The only atmosphere I got was some Barry Manilow ("I Write the Songs") and some Clos du Mesnil 1995... Of course my "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" training kicked in and I left... :)
                      And what about Fuzzy's debrief song? If that isn't atmosphere, I don't know what is.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

lol - which one? :)

Comment

is the training still available?

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                            is the training still available?
                            TG no longer hosts a server for falcon but if anybody wants help getting started, I'm happy to take them up sometime. I have PM'd you Cas about your request :)
                            Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X