How to engage the NWS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to engage the NWS?

So, I can't find a button to engage the nose wheel steering neither on my keyboard (a Swiss-German) nor in the cockpit of the F-16.
    I have tried the Shift+ the button next to the shift under Enter, but it doesn't work.
    Could you please help me?
    Thank you!

Re: How to engage the NWS?

Originally posted by Jps View Post
    So, I can't find a button to engage the nose wheel steering neither on my keyboard (a Swiss-German) nor in the cockpit of the F-16.
    I have tried the Shift+ the button next to the shift under Enter, but it doesn't work.
    Could you please help me?
    Thank you!
    The correct key combination should be "shift+/" Is that what you tried? If that doesn't work, go to "setup" and "keys" and see if it was reassigned. If you're using a custom HOTAS setup be careful about changing it. Also, your nose wheel must actually be on the ground to engage nws.
    New to TG?

Comment

Umm.. I don't have a single button for / in my keyboard. Looking at the Keymap provided with Falcon documents, I have a Swiss-German keyboard.

If you mean with / the button left to the Shift that's under the Enter, then that doesn't work.

Also, I haven't found the key assign from the Falcon Controls Setup. Could you please give the full name of that key assingn?

Comment

Umm.. I don't have a single button for / in my keyboard. Looking at the Keymap provided with Falcon documents, I have a Swiss-German keyboard.

If you mean with / the button left to the Shift that's under the Enter, then that doesn't work.
        Right, on your keyboard it is the "-" key right next to the right shift key as you said. It's labeled in green as "NWS/Missile Cycle" on your keylayout-sg.pdf. Assuming you're using default keymaping you would hold the "right shift" key and press "-". With the nose wheel on the ground (weight on wheels) it should work, as in that's your only option. It may not feel like it works at high speed, but if you see the green NWS light on the right side of your HUD then it's on.

Originally posted by Jps
        Also, I haven't found the key assign from the Falcon Controls Setup. Could you please give the full name of that key assingn?
        NWS / MSL Step
        New to TG?

Comment

So I've had the right key. However, I have pressed ot a zillion time and it just won't work.
          Also, there's no such command listed as 'NWM/MSL Step' (or just one of these words) in neither the game Controls Setup nor in the Keylayout of any keyboard.
          I've uploaded a picture to Image Shack of my keyboard layout. If you look at the button next to the shift mentioned, you can't see that NWS. It also doesn't show anywhere else on the keyboard.

Since I can't put a link here (Forum rules, I first have to post 10 messages :( ), I'll just give the link to the image. Copy the link and paste it to your address-bar in your web browser.
          http: //img134. imageshack. us/img134/5464/falconsy7.jpg
          (delete the spaces after the : and . -marks.

Comment

You need to press and hold down CTRL - E

;)

Go into your settings, keyboard layout and look through the list of cammands, find NWS and it'll show you what key is mapped.
            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
              You need to press and hold down CTRL - E

;)

Go into your settings, keyboard layout and look through the list of cammands, find NWS and it'll show you what key is mapped.
              Like I already told earlier, there is no such line as NWS in the list of commands.
              And Ctrl+E is eject - I doubt it will help me.

Comment

I've uploaded a picture to Image Shack of my keyboard layout. If you look at the button next to the shift mentioned, you can't see that NWS. It also doesn't show anywhere else on the keyboard.
                What is the file name of the document you made this screenie from? I've checked all the keyboard layouts and all 14 have the same key assignment. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you're not using Falcon 4 Allied Force?
                New to TG?

Comment

And Ctrl+E is eject - I doubt it will help me.
                  It's kind of an in-joke.

Have you tried perhaps contacting LP?

edit: try looking for the Wpn- Missile Hardpoints cycle in your keyboard set up as it's mapped to the same key by default for me.
                  Last edited by jex; 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: found new info
                  Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X