Testers Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testers Required

I want to give the server a test run with clients that do not use a router to connect. If you are without a router or can completely remove your router and wish to participate, please send me a PM and I'll send you the PW and instructions on what to do.

The reason behind the router removal comes from reports I've read in forums from servers that have had problems with routers. I'd like to see if this is having any impact on our server.

As a tester you will be required to submit an extensive report on whatever problems you had. We'll have to come up with some sort of bug report sheet.

I'd like to get together this weekend with anyone who can help so we can thoroughly test the server.

Thanks,
    Last edited by jex; 08-15-2005, 08:05 AM.
    Jex.

Re: Testers Required

It would also be useful just to test removing the server router, so people just run their normal setup with their own routers on their end, just cutting out the server router (and easier to setup tests). Just to try to narrow things down, but the test you have highlighted will certainly be useful (and the next logical step if problems persist).

Comment

Thanks Cooler :)
      Jex.

Comment

No problem.

To expand a little further, I would suggest:

1) Server (router) <-> Clients (routers)
        2) Server (no router) <-> Clients (routers)
        3) Server (router) <-> Clients (no routers)
        4) Server (no router) <-> Clients (no routers)

(That order of tests means clients only need to change around once so server changes instead, which is easier to control).

Bear in mind that there is some peer-to-peer comms between clients, as well as client-server comms.

Comment

Cooler,

We can't remove the router on the server end. Our servers are dedicated boxes running out of a large data center in Dallas, Texas. The only router we're behind is a Cisco 7206 VXR. We don't have any NAT going on or anything of that nature that is commonly found with end-user routers/home networks.

The F4AF server is running on Windows 2003 Server. I uploaded an image of the CD in order to install.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

OK - that's good info to know. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

I'll be happy to test if you need a client on a Linksys router. I might even be able to bypass my router if need be. Need to remember how to do that. Remember though that I'm having that weird campaign bug, so I might not be a good candidate for testing unless you think the problems are related.
              [volun]

Comment

I'll see if I can figure out how to get connected without my router tonight and if I can get that working I'll certianly be willing to help test.

-Aces&Eights

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman
                  I'll be happy to test if you need a client on a Linksys router. I might even be able to bypass my router if need be. Need to remember how to do that. Remember though that I'm having that weird campaign bug, so I might not be a good candidate for testing unless you think the problems are related.
                  You need to ditch the router completely :)
                  Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X