Multiplayer problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer problem

I have attempted to find other MP games and have no luck. My Multiplayer mode does not scan the internet and find games and will not join any server i put into the list. I've tried a couple i've found across the internet.

I don't have a firewall or router. I can use the rest of my online programs without a problem so i'm thinking maybe there is something specific that F4:AA needs to be used online?

- -

Re: Multiplayer problem

Is Hyperlobby up on F4:AF yet? That's the best place to find LoMac and IL2 games.
    New to TG?

Comment

Vulcan, I think it would be best if we go through the process when we're on TS. There should be no reason why you cannot connect. As for MP games, there won't be any servers listed, only the ones you add. It's not on hyper lobby yet.
      Jex.

Comment

Apparently my ISP says they don't block those ports, nor does my DSL modem. I don't have an option to change that either when i look at it's settings.

So i guess this has something to do with Falcon 4 for the time being.. Gonna TS windows a bit then.

- -

Comment

Complete removal and reinstall of Falcon 4. Still no change
          I rebooted modem. nothing
          I'm up to date on windows XP.
          Falcon 4 is updated.

I can't think of anything else that would cause a problem. Is there a specific service that Falcon needs that i may have stopped or disabled?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
            Complete removal and reinstall of Falcon 4. Still no change
            I rebooted modem. nothing
            I'm up to date on windows XP.
            Falcon 4 is updated.

I can't think of anything else that would cause a problem. Is there a specific service that Falcon needs that i may have stopped or disabled?
            No, there's nothing else to it that I'm aware of. This may be a stupid question, because you said you don't have a firewall, but is the Windows firewall deactivated? Even if it's off, you may want to add F4 as an exception.

Have you tried the contact form at Lead Pursuit? They seem to be very helpful, and who knows maybe there's an issue with your modem they may be aware of?

You could try searching at Frugalsworld.com for your modem name.

Have you tried the auto-updater? Does that work?
            New to TG?

Comment

yep i added falcon4 to the windows firewall, even though it was disabled, i went ahead and started it up just to test.

I'll try the contact form.

auto update has updated.

I'll check frugalsworld.

- -

Comment

Your modem is also a router (efficient speedstream 5200) and you need to forward ports 2934 and 2935. What is probably happening is that the guys on the end of your phone (i.e. "technical support" from your ISP) know someone by the name of Jack ****.

Now by the very fact that they know Jack **** means you're probably better off talking to a duck. Ducks go quak which is probably more than your "support" guys will do. In the highly unlikely event that your ISP tech support guys do know what they're talking about, I apologise.

The point of having a router is that the majority of ports are blocked, unless your ISP provide you with a router that has no ports blocked, in which case what is the point of having one? What that means is that their own server does not block those ports, but fail to realise what a router

A) is

and

B) what it does.

I know nothing about routers because

A) I don't own one

and

B) Have no basis on my above statements other than the fact that I think I have a basic understanding of what a router is and how it works.

Call up your ISP and ask your "Support" guy what a router is and how it works. Then ask him/her if any ports are blocked. If they say 'Yes', ask them how to unblock ports 2934 and 2935 to allow falcon through. If they answer 'no', tell them to send you a router that is secure and not offering the gaping wide hole of a security risk that your model currently does. :)
                Jex.

Comment

Oh and it's only the UDP ports, not the TCP that need doing.
                  Jex.

Comment

Ok i found out that those ports are in fact stealthed from a handy site that test's ports. I have a switch that i could hook up, will this do the trick?

- -

Comment

Also, try different versions of firmware for your router. That helped solve a problem I had with a Netgear DG834G modem/router.

Comment

Ok i finally got a tech that can change what i need (wording is everything). hehe I was able to connect to other servers, still no tg but it could be down.

My problem was that i was using a generic connection to the internet, always on type. Which they block just about everything. I changed to a connection i log on with and those ports are open.

- -

Comment

nope it's up lol
                          Jex.

Comment

ok i just connected no problems, woot!

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse