Graphics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics

Has anyone else had any problem configuring their graphic settings? The slider bars for each different thing will not go to the max. They are all at different numbers 5 6 7 8 and so on. But I want them all to be at what ever the highest setting is and they won't move.
    I can even see there is more space left on the slider bar. What am I doing wrong? Right now at the settings its at now the Graphics are pretty poor for a new game I'm sure it has sometihng to do with the settings.

Any ideas?

Shogun

Re: Graphics

My Max settings are set at similar numbers and they can't go higher, may be intended.

- -

Comment

Thats just strange, For example in the Screenshots on the box it look much better (Not amazing mind you) that what I have right now.

Where is that LP Cooler he might know <.< >.> ?

Shogun

Comment

Not much I can tell you without a screenshot I'm afraid.

Comment

From what i understand the game is the first one to come out for dual processores. one will write graphics and the other everything eles. So our lame 3.2G P4 with 6800 128 with 1g of mem sucks these days. Our systems just can't give this game the look is was intended for unlee we own a new alienware.

Comment

My settings are as follows,

Landscape Texture = 5
            Landsscape detail = 7
            Object Detail = 7
            Special Effects = 5

Now.... Why do some go to 5 max and the others go to 7. And why not 10? The reason this is so confusing is because I have never seen a max be 7, and even still all of the settings don't go max 7, some 5.

Is this ment to be this way? Or is my system just not ment for higher GFX (Not likely).

Thanks bunches,

Shogun

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Van Matre
              From what i understand the game is the first one to come out for dual processores. one will write graphics and the other everything eles. So our lame 3.2G P4 with 6800 128 with 1g of mem sucks these days. Our systems just can't give this game the look is was intended for unlee we own a new alienware.
              Nice to see you Van!

Are we talking about Falcon 4 here? Although LP did a great job of updating the game it's not the latest and greatest in graphics engines to be sure. LoMac is far more demanding on a PC than Falcon and the specs you mentioned above would support that game just fine.
              New to TG?

Comment

Here's a screen of my graphics settings. You can see the little space to the right of the numbers that looks like the setting could be increased but it can't. I don't know of any other settings besides your graphics card settings. I have nvidia so I set up a profile for F4.

edit:
                I did adjust my resolution to 1600x1200 and it looks very nice!
                New to TG?

Comment

Yeah the settings are maxxed in that screenshot. However, you can increase the sliders even farther if add -g4 to your shortcut .exe

You'll be able to increase the Landscape Detail slider all the way out which will increase how far you can see the fartiles. The Object Detail slider can be maxxed out as well but I don't think it does anything.

Comment

Yeah - those settings are maxed. It is just a case of having various different levels for each one, not equal. Just always been that way. I guess we could be really rock and roll and set them all to go up to 11...

Comment

Comment

Ok I went to add the -g4 into the target line but, The target line is greyed out to me. How do I "unlock" it? Or maybe I am confused as to where I add the -g4.

Thanks,

Shogun

Comment

Nevermind I figured it out :)

Comment

Hello All,

I have flown F4 ( with DUSTERMAHN ) for many years including the SP4 days ....
                            I have recently Installed Allied Force with the 1.05 patch, HighTiles, and STOPWORKS pit in hopes to join you all here at TG .

One problem I am having is that when I go into my SETUP to try to adjust the RESOLUTION and such it will only go up to 1280X1024 and I do have a monitor that supports 1600X1200 but when i select that and the hit "OK" and then go back in ... it is bumped back down.

also, is PRIMARY DISPLAY DRIVER supposed to be the only setting in the DROP DOWN box ?

Graphics are a bit "GRAINY"

My SYS SPECS are:

AMD 64 3700+
                            eVga 7800GTX
                            2 GB RAM

Please advise and Thank you in Advance .....
                            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                            [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Well, I got it to set at 1600X1200 ... but should VIDEO DRIVER only be able to be set to PRIMARY DISPLAY DRIVER ?
                              |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                              [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed