X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Falcon 4.0 BMS

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.32 is available for download here:

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/download.php?view.134

It REQUIRES an original Falcon 4.0 disc to install, as it reuses some assets from the original game. You do NOT need to install Falcon 4.0, just have it in a CD drive or mounted to a virtual drive, as the installation will ask for it.

At this time the following planes are known to be flyable:
    F-16 (All versions)
    F-15 (C and Strike Eagle Versions)
    F/A-18A (Did not test other versions, but if one cockpit is available the rest should be useable)
    F-14 (With a caveat, there is no RWR [Radar Warning Reciever] and only one MFD [multi-function display]. Most planes have the RWR and two MFDs])

It is recommended you forward your ports to be able to play the game. You can find more on that here:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/falcon-...ur-router.html

Re: Falcon 4.0 BMS

Originally posted by ASharpe View Post
    It REQUIRES an original Falcon 4.0 disc to install
    Falcon 4.0, or Falcon 4.0 Allied Force? Because from what I'm finding on Amazon, that a $30 to $140 price difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mangeface View Post
      Falcon 4.0, or Falcon 4.0 Allied Force? Because from what I'm finding on Amazon, that a $30 to $140 price difference.
      I was speaking specifically about Falcon 4.0 - NOT Allied Force. That being said...

You should be able to find Allied Force for around 13$ on Amazon, and you should be able to find Falcon 4.0 (look for the one in the binder, as for some reason I find that one to be somewhat cheaper) for somewhere between 20$ - 40$. You can also look on eBay, but do a real search on both sites and pick through the results. When I bought my Falcon 4.0 disc on Amazon I only paid 10$ and that was with the Binder (I bought it used). The Falcon 4.0 disc you buy will only be used once during the initial BMS install and then never again (unless you need to re-install) so don't be afraid of buying a used copy (like I did!).

That being said - I own both, and will happily fly with you in Allied Force if you decide to go that route. I would say, though, it's certainly worth an extra 30$ for the BMS version, as it does many things that AF does not do (additional flyable aircraft, additional theatres of operations, higher resolution models, higher resolution game support, etc etc).

Comment

I was speaking specifically about Falcon 4.0 - NOT Allied Force. That being said...

You should be able to find Allied Force for around 13$ on Amazon, and you should be able to find Falcon 4.0 (look for the one in the binder, as for some reason I find that one to be somewhat cheaper) for somewhere between 20$ - 40$. You can also look on eBay, but do a real search on both sites and pick through the results. When I bought my Falcon 4.0 disc on Amazon I only paid 10$ and that was with the Binder (I bought it used). The Falcon 4.0 disc you buy will only be used once during the initial BMS install and then never again (unless you need to re-install) so don't be afraid of buying a used copy (like I did!).

That being said - I own both, and will happily fly with you in Allied Force if you decide to go that route. I would say, though, it's certainly worth an extra 30$ for the BMS version, as it does many things that AF does not do (additional flyable aircraft, additional theatres of operations, higher resolution models, higher resolution game support, etc etc).
        I went searching in the open seas and found a really cheap version of Falcon 4.0 for BMS. Not sure how in depth the Allied Force goes, but I'm into the heavy simulations (although after watching some videos for BMS, it may be a little harsh there).

Comment

I went searching in the open seas and found a really cheap version of Falcon 4.0 for BMS. Not sure how in depth the Allied Force goes, but I'm into the heavy simulations (although after watching some videos for BMS, it may be a little harsh there).
          The BMS game isn't any worse then the AF version. Both version can be pretty steep to learn, but the processes for doing things once you learn them are easy enough to adapt to. Having the right gear (especially a joystick) can make all the difference.

I am working with Zapp on some basic instructions for certain actions in the game right now, I have a few other posts explaining how the Radar works. The game doesn't have to be that bad though - if you want to drop into a quick dogfight without a ramp start, taxi, tower control, launch, awacs direction...and you just want to shoot your buddies down, you can.

Comment

The BMS game isn't any worse then the AF version. Both version can be pretty steep to learn, but the processes for doing things once you learn them are easy enough to adapt to. Having the right gear (especially a joystick) can make all the difference.

I am working with Zapp on some basic instructions for certain actions in the game right now, I have a few other posts explaining how the Radar works. The game doesn't have to be that bad though - if you want to drop into a quick dogfight without a ramp start, taxi, tower control, launch, awacs direction...and you just want to shoot your buddies down, you can.
            Yeah, I have a joystick and TrackIR 5. Still saving to get a better joystick/throttle/pedals set up. I'm pretty avid in DCS Black Shark and the Su-25T in DCS World and Lock On 2. If you've got xfire, send me a friends request on there. My username is mangeface. I'd be really appreciative to learn some things about the game from someone pretty experienced in it.

Comment

Yeah, I have a joystick and TrackIR 5. Still saving to get a better joystick/throttle/pedals set up. I'm pretty avid in DCS Black Shark and the Su-25T in DCS World and Lock On 2. If you've got xfire, send me a friends request on there. My username is mangeface. I'd be really appreciative to learn some things about the game from someone pretty experienced in it.
              I have Track IR 4 and I am pretty happy with it. It doesn't always work all that great - particularly when I am trying to look up. I think this is because my Track IR receiver is not mounted high enough and the proclip bottom reflectors get obscured by my head. I am still working on a solution for this.

I haven't played the DCS stuff yet, though I am interested. I have Lock On 2, but I have been singularly unimpressed with it. It just seems that the graphics and the cockpit and the sim feeling is not there like it is in the Falcon games.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X