Server Crashes and stability issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Crashes and stability issues

I am currently advancing the server to day 5 of the campaign. I have saved each day so far along the way. Hopefully when you read this you'll see day 5 or further.

Stability

To increase stabilty can we try the following please.

1) No added packages

2) No time compression above 16x

I know this is a pain in the rear but historically Falcon has always had issues with time compression. Adding packages may also be a factor so we'll hold off with these too. I haven't had any problems playing falcon by myself and I have not added packages or increased the time past 16x. Let's try these settings for a week and see what it does.

I know all these crashes are annoying, I really wish we could just leave the server going but the game is new and unfortunately we are also the testing team here. I will be trying to save each days progress so we can at least see the campaign through.

Thank you all for your patience and hopefully in the near future we'll have a stable server to play on.
    Jex.

Re: Server Crashes and stability issues

You are not the testing team, but there are issues that LP is working through both internally and externally with end-users where appropirate. As you say, Falcon is historically unstable and I believe we have made great strides in helping that with the initial release and subsequent patches.

The settings you suggest are recommended, but we haven't experienced any specific problems add packages other than Intercept missions, which is being addressed.

Comment

Hey I didn't mean to say the testing team for AF, I meant for TG. At TG we still need to find out what is compatible and what is not. New games added to our servers still have to go through a testing stage if there are problems. So far I have been lax with allowing people to do what they want to see what AF could take. Now it's time to start clamping things down in an effort to give our members a better experience. Anything we find we'll forward to you. It's a great sim and we want to make sure it stays that way :)
      Jex.

Comment

Question related to this thread title: What should we do when we suspect the Server is down? PM/e-mail an admin for a restart?
        New to TG?

Comment

Initially yes. Either Apophis, Polish or myself.

FYI: We think falcon is also causing the server to completely restart. There has been more than one occaision that it has done so.
          Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X