Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Just picked up F4:AF today, got it installed and patched. So far so good. I was just wondering if anyone offers any classes on just basic flying? Taxi, take off, landing, formation flying, etc.. I have a TeamSpeak server that can be used. If anyone here would like to get together I'd love the help. :-)

Thanks!

Kynes

Re: Hello

Welcome Kynes! You have come to the right place, we have some top notch instructor pilots. I myself have learned alot and (more importantly) had a lot of fun flying with the TG guys.

Jex and Polishboogieman are our instructor pilots and I am sure they will respond to this post and let you know when the next training flight will be. We usually have them on the weekends but, that was traditionally because Jex lives in the UK and the time difference made weekday flights a little difficult. Now that we have Boogieman around there may be some flights during the week as well.

Looking forward to flying with you.

-Aces&Eights

Comment

Hello Kynes, welcome to TG!

We have two (soon to be three) instructor pilots in our squadron who will be happy to give you an orientation flight, and further training as well should you wish to pursue it.

We can set up a time here in the forums or you can e-mail one of us so we can schedule a time. Bring a friend or two if you can!

Check out these posts for more information on the available times for instructor pilots and operating procedures:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=195

One thing to note:

If you use a router to access the Internet, you will probably need to forward a couple of ports in order for F4AF to work in multiplayer. You might want to try and set this up beforehand to save some time. My suggestion is to go to http://www.portforward.com/english/a...lcon4index.htm - they have complete instructions on how to do this for a great many router models. If you get stuck, we'll help you.

Again, welcome, and I hope to fly with you soon!
      [volun]

Comment

Ahh another Dune fan joins the fray :}

Comment

Sounds great! I'm online pretty much all the time so whenever you guys have time I'll make sure I'm there. I'm in Massachusetts (moving to New Hampshire soon) so I'm Eastern Time zone.

Kynes

Comment

Originally posted by MilesTeg
            Ahh another Dune fan joins the fray :}
            ha ha.. yeah.. I'm a huge Dune fan! I also play World of Warcraft. All my toons are named from Dune... Muaddib, Usul, Arrakeen, Kaitain.... :-)

Comment

I've setup a Campaign server at work and I can connect to it so I should be good to go as far as setting up my router. Which bring me to another question.. Do you guys offer missions to download? I can't seem to find any online and because I need to learn how to fly, I don't want to learn the mission editor just yet... Basically I'm looking for not really a mission but more of just some AI aircraft and a tanker flying in circles so I have something to practice with.

Comment

Just checked out your training times thread.. I can make any of those times. I have a friend who will probably want to join in as well, he needs to go out and buy a stick first, probably be a few more days for him.

Comment

It looks like your in great hands :)

Comment

Hey Kynes, check out this thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58848

If you're interested, go ahead and post a reply in that thread. Otherwise, we can work out another time.

As far as missions go, have you played through the training missions that come with the game? Those offer a good playground for learning various skills. Also, the instant action mode is great for learning - set yourself up for invincibility and unlimited weapons and knock yourself out. ;)

Flint found a website that offers some downloadable missions for F4AF and they seem pretty good so far. Here's the link:

http://home.rochester.rr.com/hhhome/TE/TE.htm ;)

Generally we play on our campaign server, which is open to supporting members only at this time. However, training and any other hosted tactical engagements are open to everyone, and you'll find people willing to play those as well.
                    Last edited by TG_PolishBoogieman; 08-28-2005, 10:20 PM. Reason: Added info
                    [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman

As far as missions go, have you played through the training missions that come with the game? Those offer a good playground for learning various skills. Also, the instant action mode is great for learning - set yourself up for invincibility and unlimited weapons and knock yourself out. ;)
                      I've only checked out a couple of the training missions, the problem I have with them is they don't tell you what keys to press to do certain things. Take for example the landing mission, it never tells you what key to press to lower your gear, or flaps, etc.. it's almost like they expect you to know what to do and they are just lining you up to land. I know I can look at my key layout that I have printed, I was just hoping the training missions would be a bit more "helpful". Let me give them another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kynes
                        I also play World of Warcraft. All my toons are named from Dune... Muaddib, Usul, Arrakeen, Kaitain.... :-)
                        Then I'm going to point you in the direction of this set of forums:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153

Tactical Gamer's very own WoW guild.

Comment

Originally posted by Kynes
                          I've only checked out a couple of the training missions, the problem I have with them is they don't tell you what keys to press to do certain things. Take for example the landing mission, it never tells you what key to press to lower your gear, or flaps, etc.. it's almost like they expect you to know what to do and they are just lining you up to land. I know I can look at my key layout that I have printed, I was just hoping the training missions would be a bit more "helpful". Let me give them another shot.
                          Problem solved! You should have a manual in pdf form that installed with F4:AF. It's about 700 pages so you can't miss it;) In the manual they have walk throughs for each training mission along with exact key presses! Very easy to follow along. I print out the one I'm interested in and just pause the game as I go along. Good Luck!
                          New to TG?

Comment

Remember: Fear is the mind killer! Welcome to TG keynes, see you in the skies soon! :)
                            Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X