Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Falcon Formation Training

Friday Night @ ~8 PM EST

Sharpe will be hosting a Falcon Training event, we will focus on take offs, landing, nav patterns, and close formation flying.

If there is time, an 8-Man Tactical Engagement mission has been developed for whomever is online and completes the training.

Re: Falcon Formation Training

I will be there, manual in hand.

Comment

I'll be there, F/A-22 in hanger...

Comment

I'll be there with hopefully a full 8 hours of game experience, once I get this game downloaded...
        - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Im still OC soooooo...
          Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

This was pretty much a runaway success - everyone succeeded at takeoff, Beast and Rudolf ALMOST managed a tandem takeoff but missed by just a little. After launch we all got on course and then joined on Beast in a nice tight formation, with Rudolf showing off his aerobatic skills. We all managed to land (Beast exploded trying to take off again) though I had to make two passes.

Then we tried a 3-way dogfight against each other in the F-16. I nailed Beast twice with single down-your-throat AIM-120C launches. Then I caught Rudolf clawing for altitude and gave him the same, this time a side-angle shot instead of down your throat. At this point my RWR was chirping from the coast so I swung around and loosed a single AIM-120B in BORE mode, but it failed to lock anything up and plowed into the earth. That was my last AIM-120 so I swapped over to AIM-9's and closed with my aggressor. I am not sure what happened next - someone hit me with a missile, I am not sure who. I got my systems rebooted and despite some fluttering in the controls and loss of power I stayed airborne and operational. At this point I had climbed well over the ocean and was above the cloud cover (probably the only reason I was still alive) so I inverted and pulled hard, reversing course and burning away my speed. As I closed with the coast I easily detected Beast, who looked like he was gunning for Rudolf, and took him out with a pair of AIM-9 shots. As I was closing to finish Rudolf, Beast spawned in behind me - my RWR was beeping from both directions indicating the both had me on Radar, Beast was closed so I looped around in a long slow 180 to close with him, but overshot his heading and ending up cruising by him while he got a shot at me. I dove for the deck - trying to increase my already substantial speed - and banked low between a pair of buildings, hoping it would cause him to loose sight of me, but to no avail. I pulled hard to get off the deck and get some energy back, and he followed. (Side Note: I have been in this situation many times with Beast and can testify that 9/10 times this is a death sentence, as he is exceptionally good at lining his guns up while I am slow and climbing.). Instead of just clawing for open sky, I nosed over via rudder and started a shallow dive, pulling out my speed brakes to keep my speed down and moving into a slow controlled flat spin downward. This enabled me to keep my eye on Beast (thank you TrackIR!) and keep my speed low enough that he plowed past me trying to line up another shot. He was now below me, traveling much faster then me, so I dropped my spin and my nose and banked over to line up a shot. He was maneuvering fairly wildly as I locked him up in Dogfight mode, but he was still beyond range of my guns so I waited patiently, matching him turn for turn and holding altitude just slightly above him until at last I had the perfect shot and nailed him to end the dogfight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X