Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about buying this game but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about buying this game but...

I'm thinking about buying this game but I would like to hear everyones opinion on how this game runs, the graphics and how it compares to other flight/combat sim games.

I've looked at screenshots and they don't seem to be too great graphics wise but when I read some stories about the game that you guys post, it sounds like a great and fun game to play.

So, if you all can just reply with a few comments and possibly a video or picture that can show off the graphics when they're at their best, it would be GREATLY appreciated and I'll most likely be buying this game within the hours of any good replies that are recieved here.

Thank you so much.
    I'm not the Killer Man...
    I'm the Killer Man's son...
    But I'll do the killing...
    Until the Killer Man comes...

Re: I'm thinking about buying this game but...

Hey Rahn, you're right about the grahpics not being bleeding edge technology. If you can access the TG photo galleries I've got several screens up there that were taken with an average machine.

You can also check out Frugalsworld.com, simhq.com and freefalcon.com for more screens.

The gameplay and realism is the real draw to this game. The dynamic campaign is very immersive, the AI is actually I, and the flight/damage model of the aircraft is amazing.

I think Leejo said best; "It's not a game, it's a simulation." If you enjoy clicking buttons and spending some time learning real world tactics and military equipment then you will love this sim. That being said, it really doesn't take that much reading or training to get into the fight. Any of the Instructor Pilots here would be happy to take you up on an orientation flight to give you the basics.
    New to TG?

Comment

This is not a game, so donít think you can load it up pick a mission and start shooting stuff. Either you are going to love this sim and want to take the time to read through most of the 700+ manual or you will think that the sim is just too complicated and wish you had saved your 30 bucks. I like the game. Having not played the previous falcon games, I stared at the bottom of the learning curve. I am impressed with the depth of this game. From the ramp startup sequence to the weapons system, this game really makes you feel like you are flying a military aircraft. The graphics look OLD, but in truth, you spent most you your time looking at the radars you instruments so you donít notice. I have probably played the game for 10 hours and I am still flying the training missions teach you how to use the complicated weapons and avionic systems.

Comment

Have a look at the screenshots on our website and also a new batch at gamershell.com: http://www.gamershell.com/pc/falcon_...reenshots.html

Comment

Awesome replies. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot C3PO, JohnGalt and Squid.

Also, can I just buy Falcon 4: Allied Force or is that the add-on or something and I need to buy the original game also?

...and who would I talk to for training? I'm going to buy this game tomorrow.
          I'm not the Killer Man...
          I'm the Killer Man's son...
          But I'll do the killing...
          Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

It's a standalone simulation ... there are training missions included, but the best way to learn is by joining a squad :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rahn
              Awesome replies. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot C3PO, JohnGalt and Squid.

Also, can I just buy Falcon 4: Allied Force or is that the add-on or something and I need to buy the original game also?

...and who would I talk to for training? I'm going to buy this game tomorrow.
              Threep is right, check out the manual for walk thrus on the training missions to get you started, but then just send Jex or Polish a PM for an orientation flight and further training. Check this thread for details: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56905
              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X