Talk\Chat Keymap ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk\Chat Keymap ????

According to the keylayout-us.pdf to Talk\Chat during gameplay say in Multiplayer for example you should be able to use this key "`" as a form of comms if say Teamspeak messes up. Another document I found says this: Chat -> Grave -> SimOpenChatBox. Not sure what the Grave key is??? Anyway the key directly above your TAB key left of your 1 key should open a box for typing ingame which I see lets you type in there but once you hit ENTER it doesn't appear on the screen? Not sure if this has always been the case or is a bug with the new Patch 1.0.3 which I installed today. Anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong?

- Vertigo

Re: Talk\Chat Keymap ????

The button above the 1 key opens the console...That's not a chatbox... as far as I know you would have to open the console and then type something like "Say blah blah blah" But I don't know what the command is.

Comment

J: text to all
      K: text to team
      L: text to squad

B: voice to squad
      V: voice to command

`: opens console

These can all be re-bound in the options.

Comment

Umm...I think those are BF2 commands....

Comment

Originally posted by EinSof
          yup

---

Comment

I found that the Actual Key is the one I referenced in my initial post. Also known as an acute, grave, grave accent, left quote, open quote, or a push, the back quote is a punctuation mark ( ` ) found on the same computer keyboard key as the tilde ( ~ ). I tried using the key during a Training Flight and it worked correctly. Not sure if it was just a fluke last night that it wasn't working during Multiplayer. Will have to experiment with that again when I get into another Multiplayer game.

I feel the Talk\Chat Key is important if you want to say something while someone else is talking on Teamspeak. Hope this helps someone else who finds the key useful. Another great time to use this is when someone Teamspeak messes up and they can't hear you and you can't hear them.

- Vertigo

Update Tried this in Multiplayer by hosting my own game, doesn't work. Why would it work in single player and not multiplayer?
            Last edited by USMCG_Kingsnake; 09-18-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EinSof
              Hey, this is a falcon 4 forum you know! ;)
              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X