Next gen flight sim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next gen flight sim.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I'm guna post anyway..

This is absolutely amazing. Blows falcon out of the water by leaps and bounds. Check out some of the screenshots. Just...wow..

http://www.fighterops.com/faq.htm

Unfortunetly no release date yet, it's still in the works.

Re: Next gen flight sim.

*drools*

been following this for a bit...read somewhere on there that the devs are hoping for fall 2006. wouldn't be suprised if it is released even later but any release is better than no release :(

Comment

I've read that sales of F4:AF were pretty good, maybe better than expected? Hopefully that proves that hardcore flight sims can still be profitable, and it will be some incentive for the FighterOps team to finish the game and get it out to us!
      [volun]

Comment

Yes I'm keeping a close eye on this, expect it to be on the servers here at TG if it works as well as they say. This is looking to be the long awaited progression from falcon and it looks very impressive. I especially like the part about 2 seat aircraft, it'll be great for training.
        Jex.

Comment

i can't seem to find the link but i was browsing some forums and they had a playable demo of it at some flight sim convention recently. is leading me to believe that this thing is becoming more and more likely to be released eventually...

Comment

Most impressive. Did anyone check out the F-16 afterburner sound on the website? It was 10x better then the current F4:AF sound. In any case, I wonder two things:

1) How detailed are the avionics/flight models going to be? Sure, the model screenshots looks great, but are they striving for as much realism as F4?

2) If it comes out in Fall of 06, I wonder what kind of system it will take to run it at a decent frame rate/graphics setting.

Still, I am really excited. Any new hard-core flight sim is better then seeing the genre die... even if the sim doesn't live up to our expectations. I'll probably pre-order. ;)

Fuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy
              1) How detailed are the avionics/flight models going to be? Sure, the model screenshots looks great, but are they striving for as much realism as F4?
              Fuzzy
              i'm pretty sure they are striving to make it as realistic as extremely possible. i even read they are considering a fully working, clickable cockpit (as in every single thing) but they don't kno yet. rest assured though it will be just as if not more realistic as f4.

plus instead of a 700 page manual to train you, you actually have instructors in the back seat with you telling you what to do and showing you what to do plust other misc vids, readings and stuff before you go up. its gonna be sweet @[email protected]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X