Korea is up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korea is up!

The server has started now on Korea 2005, veteran. We were going to post up requirements for using the server but time has not been on my side so for now, use the server any which way.

I go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks so any questions go either to

USN_squid
    Fuzzy
    TG_PolishBoogieman

When I get back, we'll take the server down once again and put it up with the new rules of play. Please, please report any bugs that you come across.

Have fun!
    Last edited by jex; 11-08-2005, 02:33 PM.
    Jex.

Re: Korea is up!

Have Fun Jex! See you when you get back.

- -

Comment

Well, six days into the campaign our backs are against the southern shore and the only Airport available for F-16s has a damaged runway. It's not looking good.
      New to TG?

Comment

Since AI performance is heavily dependent upon how well the player does, perhaps we should stop the campaign clock when nobody is on the server - ie, last guy to leave turns off the lights. That way we don't have to worry about our AI units doing poorly if no human has been on the server for quite sometime.

As it stands now it sucks spawning in only to be greeted with Mig29's on your RWR =\

Comment

Well, right now you won't even have the luxury of being shoulder hopped by a mig! The runway is destroyed at Kwangju which is the only airbase for Falcons right now. We'll just let it run it's course for now.

Feel free to jump on and speed things up to see if the runway will be repaired again. If it doesn't in the next day or so we'll start a new campaign. 0-2
          New to TG?

Comment

But what are your thoughts about the last person leaving the server stopping the clock?

Comment

Yeah, it's not a bad idea in the future when we have a good campaign going. That would give us a better chance at keeping the campaign on the right track. I think it might minimize the effect of a bad hop if we can start the next mission where we left off. On the other hand it might take months to finish a campaign that way, but I think I'm in favor of it.

Right now, the clock needs to run so the airfield can be repaired.
              New to TG?

Comment

Gotcha. Maybe in the next patch we can spawn as engineers with shovels and expedite the repair process ;D

Comment

Okay, that campaign is done. New campaign started in Korea 2005 Veteran as of tonight.
                  New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by MilesTeg
                    But what are your thoughts about the last person leaving the server stopping the clock?
                    The clock has to be stopped by an Admin. The server clock will resume even if the last player to leave stopped it.

I think the best solution is to save the campaign regularly and if there is a serious HQ tasking order snafu or some other mistake, then we can go back. Otherwise we just have to be better Pilots! But these things are above my paygrade. We'll be having discussions about how best to run the server upon Jex's return.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Is the server up and running at the moment? I just tried connecting and it timed out on my end.

Comment

Yup, it crashed. Thanks for letting us know. I'll get Apophis to restart it. Sorry about that!
                        New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X