bombing techniques

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bombing techniques

was reading this book written by a viper pilot who flew in the gulf war and he was goin over some sorties in a lot of detail. i drew out some of the techniques he had :D

Haven't tried the bottom one but the first one is sweet! took me a few tries to get it right but once i did it worked beautifully. when i rolled out the pipper was right in front the beginin of the runway and i was on a great angle...there was no line to wait on so just pickle and release then pull up back to 25000 and go home. ideally your supposed to release the bombs before you hit 12000 feet so they can arm themselves but i'm not sure thats an issue in f4. anyways it owned. will try to fraps one or too later but give them a shot!

haven't tried it in battle wonder how well they hold up to enemy fire..

EDIT: Oh in the first one i think i remember him saying he may have cut the throttle down maybe even idle on the dive so as not to go supersonic..dont' remember =/

Re: bombing techniques

This is interesting...I'll have to give it a try. Approachs like this could be quite useful and *should* minimize your exposure to ground fire I would think. Kind of like a timing route in football! Good info there, Zero. Let's try it!
    [volun]

Comment

I tried this last night and the key is to use precision way points. You can't see anything but the largest of targets until you're well below 10,000 feet. For example I used this technique last night on a typical bridge and I couldn't see it until I was at 6,000ft. That's a little close when your pointing at the dirt doing 350 knots.

Certainly with large targets like runways and buildings this is great, because it will keep you out of the AAA range. With smaller targets you can enter the exact lat and long and then just aim for the waypoint. If you have a wingie doing the same thing you should hit the target, but we'll have to play with that one.
      New to TG?

Comment

ya i've only tried it on runways and it worked really well on those.

and it turns out that the bottom bombing technique speed is more like 580 knots..was wondering why i kept coming up to the target too short and too shallow...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X