Your strength / weakness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your strength / weakness?

Just wondering what everyones really good (or bad) at.

Personally I've noticed that I do very well in bombing missions, while Air to Air combat I seem to do not so well, to say the least. Not to say I can't shoot someone out of the sky, I just don't excell at it.

What about you all?

Re: Your strength / weakness?

I'm damned good at landing. Kinda working on the rest...

Comment

Strengths? Hard to say. Probably same as EinSof - generally I can put my A-G ordinance on target most of the time.

Weaknesses are easy...my biggest weakness is identifying and picking out moving targets, like in CAS missions. It's a real bear. Using the Mavericks are still a struggle for me sometimes. I used to be really weak at A-A engagements, but I get better each time. Now I'm just weak. :row__576:
      [volun]

Comment

I dont have enough time to play the game and go to school. Im weak everywhere right now. :icon9:

Comment

I'm pretty confident of my abilities in most realms except for close up dogfighting. Personally it never interested me and if given the chance I'll always use my big stick first (120's) before getting close enough for a knife fight. Although I will say the new Aim-9X Sidewinders are pretty effin cool ;D

Comment

Armor def....definetly Armor

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman
              my biggest weakness is identifying and picking out moving targets, like in CAS missions. It's a real bear.

I feel ya man =(

I can't tell what's what.. even in GMT mode, nothing on the MFD screen makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by MilesTeg
                I'm pretty confident of my abilities in most realms except for close up dogfighting. Personally it never interested me and if given the chance I'll always use my big stick first (120's) before getting close enough for a knife fight. Although I will say the new Aim-9X Sidewinders are pretty effin cool ;D
                Have you tried the padlock view i conjunction with the glance forward key? (9 on the numpad) - works really well, make sure your padlock is set to enhanced.
                Jex.

Comment

I mostly use TrackIR when I'm in the 3d view although I will use padlock to orient myself towards the bad guys. I was basically saying I just don't like dogfighting. Hell even when I fire up IL2 I mainly stick to air to ground sorties. Dogfighting just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

I'm the opposite - I'm not good at anything yet enough to say, but I love being up in the air trying to shoot down the other bad guys. Bombing... I can take or leave.

So far I haven't even touched the A-G stuff.

Comment

My weakness is staying in the station zone for 30 minutes on CAP missions and such. No matter what I do I always get mission failed "didnt stay in the station area for the time" Once, I think I stayed in the area between steerpoints 3 and 4 for like 3 days straight still said MISSION FAILED. LOL! If It has some kind of time constraint, mission failed 100 percent

Im pretty good with A - A and A-G.. But I definitely love bombing crap more than air to air encounters

Pickin out the right GMT's is also a tough one for me.

Oh and Im really good at evading sam missles now. Rarely get hit after launch.

I think thats it. Im pretty much trying to soak up alot of information I find on forums and such. Thats seems to help me out alot. Getting better everytime I fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul | Stinger
                        My weakness is staying in the station zone for 30 minutes on CAP missions and such. No matter what I do I always get mission failed "didnt stay in the station area for the time" Once, I think I stayed in the area between steerpoints 3 and 4 for like 3 days straight still said MISSION FAILED. LOL! If It has some kind of time constraint, mission failed 100 percent

Im pretty good with A - A and A-G.. But I definitely love bombing crap more than air to air encounters

Pickin out the right GMT's is also a tough one for me.

Oh and Im really good at evading sam missles now. Rarely get hit after launch.

I think thats it. Im pretty much trying to soak up alot of information I find on forums and such. Thats seems to help me out alot. Getting better everytime I fly.
                        Make sure you press Q and Check in with awacs first, and before you leave "Check Out". AWACs will tell you when you can go home.

As for weakness, I have the same trouble with armour too. I'm concentrating more now on this to strengthen this area but it can be very hard work (especially when that dip**** FAC get's shot down)
                        Jex.

Comment

I would say that my strengths are in A-G. Static targets are of no problem (usually) and I do ok with GMT too. For GMT, I usually find that I need to do a high-speed pass over suspected targets, take some quick visual looks, and then double-back and knock 'em into the stoneage. I'm not sure if those are the smartest of tactics but they have been working for me.

SEAD has been fun lately too. HARMs are a joy to work with but I sometimes feel that they're too easy to use. Carry 4 HARMS on your ship and you're practically guaranteed 4 kills.

I do ok with A-A but I feel I have a lot of room for improvement in that area. I would consider that my biggest weakness.

Comment

Lots of weakness's lol. The two I'm working on now is ground radar and formation flying.

I dont know what it is but I'm having a helluva time staying with my flight since I turned off labels (lost my crutch). It seems like as soon as I look down at the MFD's to adjust bomb settings or radar the flight will be gone from view. Then its a matter of getting lucky and finding the right flight to rejoin ("I see a dot...are those my guys or the other flight in the package") . Guess my SA blows.

Other weakness I'm trying to work on is picking the right dot on radar. I can place the ordance pretty acurately most the time...problem is I pick the wrong dot. Really a pain in the first flights of a new campaign over the float.

Making a low pass isnt always such a good idea I've learned.

I had a SEAD earlier on a coastal town for some AAA. I recon'd and couldnt see much other than a couple of gunboats. So I loaded up some Mav's...but of course there was a cloud layer about 8-9k over the target. So I dive down from 20k and as soon as I get below the cloud layer I see the town and what I thought at first was dust trails from a lot of moving vehicles. Then I realized it wasnt dust but smoke, it lit up like a scene from "Flight of the Intruder" (was seriously the most fire I think I had ever seen in the sim hehe).

Soo I Discard'd and did it again, this time tossing 8 CBU's. Destroyed about 15 various vehicles and probably half the town but at least that time I was able to limp away. Great fun tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardtale
                              Lots of weakness's lol. The two I'm working on now is ground radar and formation flying.

I dont know what it is but I'm having a helluva time staying with my flight since I turned off labels (lost my crutch). It seems like as soon as I look down at the MFD's to adjust bomb settings or radar the flight will be gone from view. Then its a matter of getting lucky and finding the right flight to rejoin ("I see a dot...are those my guys or the other flight in the package") . Guess my SA blows.
                              "4th Generation Mafia, Sir!"

FOTI is a great film and the book is 10 times better.

As for your SA, use the HSD. It marks all the members of your flight as a little blue icon. The number on the top is the flight number of that aircraft, the number below is their angels (Height). So you're looking for something like this...

--

showing you that the lead aircraft (number 1), is at angels 22. You can also see the orientation of the plane. This makes it very simple to hook back up with your wingmen.

OSB button 3 will also zoom the view in once you start getting close.

If you have lost you hsd, but still have nav info on the hud, then you can simply call out distance from steer points and angels (though this is for human pilots, for AI who knows?)
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X