Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with resolution and textures

Hi,

I got a 19" TFT and low resolutions really give boxy edges. In F4 AF, if I choose to run at lower res the cockpit looks fine and readable but the rest sux, and if I choose a high res the cockpit looks like 8bit textures (with crosses and stuff on the top edge of the HUD), plus almost nothing is readable on the yellow warnings or the lap map.

I've just seen the webpage of the stopworks and this brings me to a question, should I buy a new cockpit set from these guys or is there a way to fix the original cockpit textures for the hi-res.

One last question is what is the difference between the F16C block 50/52 and 40/42 at the stopworks?

thx

Re: need help with resolution and textures

Hi Tolgab! Welcome to TG!

From what I understand, the best resolution to run at is 1600x1200. That's the resolution that the cockpits were designed for, and they got sized down for the lower resolutions. So if your machine can handle it, go with 1600x1200. Otherwise, try 1024x768.

The default cockpit is very good as far as textures go...at one time, it was an add-on you had to pay for (in an older version of Falcon). So I don't think the Stopworks cockpits will help your problem.

Can you post some screenshots at different resolutions for us? I'd like to see what you're seeing.

Stopworks offers two different cockpits, one for each block model of F-16 you might fly in the sim. Some missions call for the block 40's and some for the 50's. The different block models carry different types of weapons and have different capabilities and features.

There's also a MLU variant of the Falcon...no special cockpit from Stopworks yet for that one.

Post some screenies and let's see what we can do.
    [volun]

Comment

Here are the shots as attachement hope it works. I dunno how post screenshots and i had to cut these in size so that the attachment would take it...

the first one is the original at 1024x768, where u can see the letters clearly

the second and third are 1280x1024 and 1280x960 of the stopworks, they look better then the original but the letters are still unreadable...

unfortunately i cannot work it at 1600 so I guess I'm stuck with these.
      Attached Files

Comment

Change your resolution on the desktop first and make sure it's staying at 32 bit color. If not change it. Then go back into the game and change your resolution.

- -

Comment

thx, changing my desktop resolution made me realize that its my monitor. It displays the desktop dogdy as well with 1280x980, meaning i have to stick to 1280x1024 which distorts the textures or something.

thx a lot for the help

Comment

Tolgab, you are not alone...I understand your issue now. F4AF does not yet support the "native" resolution of your LCD monitor. But there are a lot of folks in your position, so I bet Lead Pursuit comes up with a fix for you. Hang in there...
            [volun]

Comment

hehe, will do thx

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed