TeamSpeak Key Bind and X45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak Key Bind and X45

What key do most of you use to key the TeamSpeak mic? I found a new X45 profile that I really, really like. The only problem is that the microphone key is tied to button A and that is tied to Z on the keyboard. So every time I PTT I end up launching some chaff and/or flares as well.

Does anyone know a good keyboard key that isn't really used in AF? I would like to bind my flightstick key to this unused key.

Re: TeamSpeak Key Bind and X45

Try using your application key (the one between the start button and the ctrl key). It's never used by games, and it seems to work fine in Falcon.
    [volun]

Comment

Scroll lock works well also...I've got mine slaved to my POV Hat 3 on my throttle. Works great.

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
      AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ Toledo Core
      OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
      ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
      GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS
      Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i w/Rudder

Comment

or get a headset and go voice activation. No more pressing buttons that way.
        Jex.

Comment

That wouldn't work for me. If I used voice activation, you'd hear the following during a flight:

- excessive cursing
          - random babbling, perhaps even singing
          - yelling at dog, cat, wife, monitor
          - cuckoo clock every half hour
          - teen angst music coming from the basement (the stepdaughter)

No one would want to fly with me...:(
          [volun]

Comment

Thanks for the ideas fellas.

One sort-of-related question about dropping counter-measures: the keyboard layout shows that Z drops flares and X drops chaff. But no matter which key you use all you end up doing is triggering your counter-measures program. And I've read that there is no way you can specifically drop one or the other, but rather, you can only drop what is contained in a counter-measure program.

So is the Z and X mentions for "Drop flare" and "Drop chaff" in the keyboard layout just a technical oversight? It seems like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              or get a headset and go voice activation. No more pressing buttons that way.
              Some squads frown upon this setting, lets background noise in sometimes.

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
              OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
              ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
              GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS

Comment

Originally posted by BigDuke16
                Thanks for the ideas fellas.

One sort-of-related question about dropping counter-measures: the keyboard layout shows that Z drops flares and X drops chaff. But no matter which key you use all you end up doing is triggering your counter-measures program. And I've read that there is no way you can specifically drop one or the other, but rather, you can only drop what is contained in a counter-measure program.

So is the Z and X mentions for "Drop flare" and "Drop chaff" in the keyboard layout just a technical oversight? It seems like it is.
                Mine (default Chaff/Flare Program) is configured to dispense one chaff and one flare only per button press. You can do all kinds of things in the EWS to help with SAM evasion. Page 411 of the Allied Force manual will get ya going in the right direction

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
                OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
                ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
                GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS

Comment

Essentially yeah, z and x do the same thing, at least the way I understand it. Both release whatever countermeasure program is active. You might be able to have two programs at a time, I can't remember. Brings up a good point - I have both of those commands mapped on my hotas, might as well free one of them up!
                  [volun]

Comment

Well I had my macro setup to press Z then X so I could get 1 chaff, 1 flare. But it does appear to be dispensing both on the Z and the X. So maybe I should redo my macro.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorman
                      Some squads frown upon this setting, lets background noise in sometimes.
                      I think most people who go VA here at TG have no BG noise to disturb. If there is BG noise, then we'll say something and get the problem sorted. Usually though it heavy breathing but some people like all that ;)
                      Jex.

Comment

And just think, you don't even have to pay a 976 number to hear the heavy breathing!

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                          I think most people who go VA here at TG have no BG noise to disturb. If there is BG noise, then we'll say something and get the problem sorted. Usually though it heavy breathing but some people like all that ;)
                          I can't fly with that setting...Always talking a blue streak at every effing MIG-29 that crosses my path!

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
                          OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
                          ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
                          GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman
                            That wouldn't work for me. If I used voice activation, you'd hear the following during a flight:

- excessive cursing
                            - random babbling, perhaps even singing
                            - yelling at dog, cat, wife, monitor
                            - cuckoo clock every half hour
                            - teen angst music coming from the basement (the stepdaughter)

No one would want to fly with me...:(
                            hmm damn.. you sure you dont live at my house, minus the music coming from the basement and a step daughter that sounds identical to my place.

LMAO!!

Comment

I've learned to keep quite but everynow and again, I let slip and curse loudly lol
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X