Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season and the times they appear - your input Req'd pls

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about Tom's Hightiles and the different seasons that we can use. It makes sense to me to perhaps have an official season time to coincide with the real seasons. This would be for the Northern Hemisphere and the dates would be

Spring - 21st March
    Summer - 21st June
    Autumn - 21st September
    Winter - 21st December

So whilst we use the server, we are all using the same seasons from the tiles pack. This way we are all seeing the same scenary when we fly out.

Obviously this only applies to those with the tiles, but it adds a little bit more perhaps to the immersion. If this gets the thumbs up, we can make the first official season winter, starting on the 21st.

thoughts?
    Last edited by jex; 12-22-2005, 02:20 PM.
    Jex.

Re: Season and the times they appear - your input Req'd pls

Sounds good to me, I was planning to do this anyway. Just one more nod towards total realism I suppose!
    [volun]

Comment

sounds good i have the add on

Comment

I'm for it, just purchased Hi-tiles...haven't checked it out yet though...

Comment

Originally posted by jex
          Hey guys,

I've been thinking about Tom's Hightiles and the different seasons that we can use. It makes sense to me to perhaps have an official season time to coincide with the real seasons. This would be for the Northern Hemisphere and the dates would be

Spring - 21st March
          Summer - 21st June
          Autumn - 21st September
          Winter - 21st December

So whilst we use the server, we are all using the same seasons from the tiles pack. This way we are all seeing the same scenary when we fly out.

Obviously this only applies to those with the tiles, but it adds a little bit more perhaps to the immersion. If this gets the thumbs up, we can make the first official season winter, starting on the 21st.

thoughts?
          What if you're in the Southern Hemisphere?

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
          AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ Toledo Core
          OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
          ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
          GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS
          Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i w/Rudder

Comment

it doesn't make a difference actually - both theatres are in the north anyway, but fyi, southern hemisphere has it's winter when we have our summer. Australia is just starting summer now.
            Jex.

Comment

I am on with that I like the Ideal...

Comment

Yep, sounds good to me too.

Comment

The Winter tiles are pretty cool, and a nice change, but it's really read to pick out ground targets. It's a full blanket of snow covering everything except little tiny dots everywhere which is not conducive to picking out targets.

If we're going for realism is it reasonable to expect a full blanket of snow all winter long?
                  New to TG?

Comment

Yeah I was wondering that last night after I install the winter hightiles.

In fact, does it snow in Korea at all? It's pretty close to the equator and I'm not sure if they have seasons per se. The winter textures look a little bit too much but the whole of korea is small, about 500 miles long and perhaps 200 wide. It's possible to be covered in snow but of course it has to snow there first lol
                    Jex.

Comment

Wow well I didn't realise that Falcon was also deeper than we expected. Included in the package is a geography lesson but I also found this

Snow From Korea

and this I think concludes that it does in fact snow in Korea

w
                      Jex.

Comment

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/2005...2144810440.htm

:)
                        Jex.

Comment

Yep, it's funny how we don't associate cold weather & snow with Korea, but their weather is apparently similar to ours. I was surprised to learn that during the Korean war, the cold and snow were nearly as dangerous for the soldiers as the enemy.

I've not tried the winter set of HiTiles myself yet, but I have heard others say that it makes A-G work (spotting targets) considerably harder.
                          [volun]

Comment

I found it easier yesterday. Looking for a dark spot on a white spot seems to help me out - however, since I use padlock to find ground targets, it makes it all rather irrelevant lol
                            Jex.

Comment

My Dad said his time in Korea was the coldest he has ever experienced, and he grew up in Kansas and spent most of his adult life in Colorado. He wasn't in the War, but after.

FYI: Chosin Reservoir Campaign
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...