im tryin this out.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im tryin this out.....

Have a copy of Falcon coming tomorrow. Ill try and learn to get the plane off the ground over the weekend. I dont have a ton of flight sim experience, but have played AOE and the microsoft stuff. I was even a private pilot at one time (till the wife said she wouldnt fly with me in that little damn plane)

Anyway, my question is this:

Whats the best way to get up to speed on the game so that I can get to an orientation flight and "get in the game" so to speak.

I have a logitech cordless stick that has twist for rudder control. Will this be enough to get me started? I have seen the stick/throttle combo (x52???) and it looks pretty sweet, but I really dont want to drop a C note until im comfortable in the game.

Ive always wanted a realistic flight sim that is mission capable with others online. Looks like this may be the ticket. Hopefully I will have the time and patience to figure this out (between the battlefield 2 time)

Any input would be great and I look forward to learning how to fly so I dont take anyone else out.........by the way, which button is to eject, I may need that alot in the beginning.

Leadinyourhead
    "No poor TG Squad Leader ever won a flag by dying for his squad, he won the flag making the other poor SL die for his squad" By General George S. Patton......(slightly revised for TG by leadinyourhead)

Re: im tryin this out.....

Originally posted by leadinyourhead

Whats the best way to get up to speed on the game so that I can get to an orientation flight and "get in the game" so to speak.

I have a logitech cordless stick that has twist for rudder control. Will this be enough to get me started? I have seen the stick/throttle combo (x52???) and it looks pretty sweet, but I really dont want to drop a C note until im comfortable in the game.

Ive always wanted a realistic flight sim that is mission capable with others online. Looks like this may be the ticket. Hopefully I will have the time and patience to figure this out (between the battlefield 2 time)

Any input would be great and I look forward to learning how to fly so I dont take anyone else out.........by the way, which button is to eject, I may need that alot in the beginning.

Leadinyourhead
    From my experience the best way to get into the game is to get a 3" binder print out ALL 30 TRAINING MISSIONS out of the manual read them and fly them. Depending on how fast you read will determine how long doing the missions will take you. You don't have to finish all or any of the missions to do an O Flight but I would recommend it. Training missions just enable you to fly, land, and point your weapons. There are several instructor pilots in the squadron that are very good and can show you the ropes.

A X52 would be better than the stick you have but you can definitly fly the sim effectivly with the one you have now. If you want a realistic flight sim this is the one. Looking forward to flying with you soon.

Slammer

Comment

Have a copy of Falcon coming tomorrow. Ill try and learn to get the plane off the ground over the weekend. I dont have a ton of flight sim experience, but have played AOE and the microsoft stuff. I was even a private pilot at one time (till the wife said she wouldnt fly with me in that little damn plane)

Leadinyourhead
      My own opinion is to get online and get flyin with some of the peeps in here or over at Multivipers, http://www.multiviper.com/index.php?...dc421e0abc7caf
      both sites have experienced people around who are willing to help.
      You'll need Teamspeak to talk. Be honest with your experience, or lack of it. (Hey, ya gotta start somewhere right?)
      Learning by yourself is a good way to go, but you'll learn more, faster, and have more fun flyin online.
      Talk to Jex or Squid on Teamspeak, both will give ya a good steer.

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
      AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ Toledo Core
      OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
      ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
      GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS
      Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i w/Rudder

Comment

You've come to the right game for what you're after. F4 and it's community has lasted well over 7 years (longer if you gov back through its predecessor). It's a sim that is here to stay and play
        Jex.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

I played a little bit the other night, just enough to go through about 100 million dollars of the govts equipment!

I gotta learn how to land this darn thing!

Ill be giving it some more time this weekend and may try and jump online monday
          "No poor TG Squad Leader ever won a flag by dying for his squad, he won the flag making the other poor SL die for his squad" By General George S. Patton......(slightly revised for TG by leadinyourhead)

Comment

I gotta learn how to land this darn thing!

A good landing tutorial by Paul Wilson complete with HUD pics and also a flame out landing guide can be found at,
            http://www.ig-wilson.com/index.php?f16land

This is an old landing guide but explains it better than the manual in my opinion and makes it easy to learn quicker. Once you've mastered this then learning the ILS approaches with command steering is also a lot easier. Landing would have to be the hardest part so all I can say is practice, practice & when you think you've got it practice again. Every now and then I still bounce it down the runway or put the legs up through the wings lol:row__631: Anyway hope this helps & happy landings.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X