Server timeout error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server timeout error

Whenever i try to connect to any F4AF server, i get a timeout error. I did the whole port thing and have a static IP address. How do i fix this?

Re: Server timeout error

Hey Komali, welcome to TG!

It's hard to say what could be preventing you from connecting to F4AF servers. If your ports are forwarded, you should be good to go. If you are running the Windows Firewall in XP, try turning it off. The same goes for any type of security or firewall software you might be running.

You might also want to try putting your PC's local IP address into the DMZ - most routers have this feature. Some people have had success doing that. Also, if your router has an option for "Block WAN request," try turning that off.

If none of that helps, hop on the Falcon channel in Teamspeak and I'm sure one of us can help - we've talked several folks through these issues. One of us could start a local server on our PC for you to try connecting to - that really helps with troubleshooting.

Again, welcome and good luck with your problem.
    [volun]

Comment

I understand you've already forwarded your ports, hopefully using this link, but have you also updated the frimware of your router? This is necessary in many routers. Just go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest release.

Consider Falcon to be the high maintenance Super-model you always wanted to date. It's a pain to get it going, but once you're there it's worth it.
      New to TG?

Comment

Thank you guys so much for your help, as soon as i get the router password from my dad i'll try all that out.

I'll post again with the results

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I finally got the mutliplayer to work. It turns out my router was blocking wan requests.

I hope to see you in-game soon!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X