Dragonfly Suit!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonfly Suit!!!

You guys have got to check out this new flight suit being developed for the Air Force. Apparently this suit will allow a fighter pilot to pull nine g's without using the anti-g straining and grunting currently used by pilots. This means that you can pull 9G's and keep you SA up and still be able to communicate with your wingman. Anyway check out this article its pretty sweet!!! :)

http://www.ngb.army.mil/news/2000/11/14/anti-g.shtml

Slammer

Re: Dragonfly Suit!!!

Does this mean with the dragonfly suit and anti-G breathing that pilots can do more than 9 G's?

Comment

The dragonfly suit has been created for the new generation of fighter aircraft coming out right now. If I'm not mistaken current fighters like the F-16 have limitations set on their flight controll computers so that they don't exceed 9G. What it does for current fighters is allow pilots to carry on a conversation at 9G which is amazing!

As for the new generation fighters I don't know if they are made to exceed 9G. But, I imagine that if they can that this suit would definitly enable them to exceed 9G.

Slammer

Comment

Why don't they just make pilotless f16's and have the controls flown by someone on a PC...

OMG!!:icon_eek:
        Jex.

Comment

Job opportunity!!!!! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse