Can't play 1.05 :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play 1.05 :(

Just tried flying in 1.05 and anytime I hit fly I CTD. First tried in offline compaign and now with an instant action...
    I guess next step is a re-install.

Re: Can't play 1.05 :(

Well re-instyalled everything and everything is going good.

Comment

Sweet - 'cept for some reason I can't access the server :(

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Same here. I can't access the server anymore. I was actually on the server earlier today around 18:00 EST and all was fine (I patched to 1.05 prior to connecting). I tried to connect again around 19:30 EST but could not. Each attempt would time out.

In the process of troubleshooting, I found that I connect if I bypass my router and connect my PC directly to my cable modem. So the problem does seem to be related to my router (Linksys WRT54G). It's acting as if my ports aren't open but I've triple-checked and they are indeed open. And if they were closed, why could I connect earlier in the day? I'm not sure about that one but I'll continue to troubleshoot.

Comment

OK who broke the server...
          Jex.

Comment

Yeah I had the same problem, timed out server. It seems that when I reinstall the sim, even though it's the same exe in my firewall from the old version, I have to completely reconfigure my Firewall settings for the new exe or the firewall blocks it, which gives me a ' timed out' message. I guess it depends on your config. I'm getting the password window ok.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              OK who broke the server...

Wasn't me this time I SWEAR!!! ;)

Slammer

Comment

I am able to connect again to the server. I'm 90% convinced this was something with my router and nothing to do with the new patch.

But in case anyone has a similar issue, what I did was assign a new ip to my PC and then create a new port forwarding rule with that new ip. I could connect fine after that. For some reason the ip in the previous rules was no longer working. I was deleting and recreating the rules using that original ip but it wouldn't work. It all started working after I gave my pc a new ip.

I just wanted to clarify that I don't think this was a 1.05 issue.

Comment

I thought it was only me - I reinstalled about 4 times, checked my router and IP configs and my ports and was about to start bashing my head against a wall.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                  Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Wooh - Fuzzy for the win! A simple server restart fixed my problems :)

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse