Shoot and AF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot and AF

Ok downloaded it and it seems to work when it wants...... Any other good Voice Recon.... Programs to use or anyone done a profile for Shoot for AF..??????

Re: Shoot and AF

Originally posted by Wolf-119th
    Ok downloaded it and it seems to work when it wants...... Any other good Voice Recon.... Programs to use or anyone done a profile for Shoot for AF..??????
    I use Shoot exclusively with no issues at at all. On their forums, there's a reported issue with .Net 2.0 (I think thats the version). If you're running that version of Net, you an change back to 1.1 or whatever the version is.
    As for a profile, I'll send ya mine. I've edited it a little, but I think it adds to immersion somewhat. PM me with an email addy if ya want it.
    Gator

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
    AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ Toledo Core
    OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
    GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i w/Rudder

Comment

What is this "Shoot" software? And how much does it cost?

Slammer

Comment

As far as I know Shoot is a free program that is essentially voice recognition. It runs in the background and instead of pressing buttons you say a command and it happens.

I thought about it for Silent Hunter 3 and I am still thinking about it. Would be great to just yell out "DIVE DIVE" or "Fire Tube 1" :)

Comment

I use Game Commander 2 (http://www.gamecommander.com). You have to pay for it but it works nearly FLAWLESSLY and has a lot of great features. It works out of the box with NO voice training required. It plays nicely with TeamSpeak, too.

Whatever you use, make sure it has a function that allows you to temporarily disable voice recognition when you press and hold your TeamSpeak transmit key. I'd say this is a requirement for voice recognition, otherwise when you are talking on TeamSpeak in the game, the voice software will still be active and WILL initiate commands you don't want. Trust me. Game Commander 2 has this feature, I don't know about Shoot.

I have version 2 - the newest version is version 3 and it costs way too much. Game Commander 2 has all you need. You can download it off the site or look for it in stores/eBay/etc in a boxed version that includes a boom mic. Highly recommended.
          [volun]

Comment

Evening chaps.

I have used Shoot for approx 2 years, and for a free program, was well worth it. Used my own profile in SH3/Lock On/BF2 etc.

However, sometimes, it would stop responding, which became rather annoying.

On my quest to find a replacement (Game Commander, to expensive for what it is) I came across a program called VAC (Voice Activated Commands). Has worked flawlessly for me - even with the 5:1, and my game chair sounds cranked up.

The author of the software listens to his users, and adds requested for functionality in each release. All for $10.

The fee pays for a license, and a lifetime of upgrades. As essential for F4AF as Toms HiTiles IMO.

Homepage is here: www.dwvac.com (edit: Jex :))

30 Day fully functional download to trial - you have nothing to loose!

All the best. (By the way, I dont know the author - But I appreciate good solid software, for a decent price).
            Last edited by jex; 01-20-2006, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks mike, I'll check this out tonight when I get home.
              Jex.

Comment

Thanks for editing the link Jex.

Because I have done less than 15 posts, I am unable to posts Links so had to bodge it!

Just a quick one, F4AF Training - Do you do any training in Zulu (GMT) time?

Comment

Yes we do, check this link, it has our availability times. :)
                  Jex.

Comment

Ok I am Using VAC very nice...... I have had O trouble.......Like it better then Shoot.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X