Blue Angels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels

Is it possible in the game? Is the multiplayer mode good enough to allow for people to do this?
    -Kaine904

Re: Blue Angels

It's definitely possible to do this, but the nature of Falcon means that it's probably not gonna be so pretty. LOMAC is more suited to something like this.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I'd have to say a big NO for falcon. The MP code is pretty crap when it comes to flying 2 feet off someone's wing. LOMAC is the sim used for formation flying, and it handles this exceptionally. There's no warping or juddering and it flys a lot better than F4 and has much better feel to it.

You can also download skins for lockon that use the BA or TB (or you can make your own), There's also a mission floating around that has all the markers needed for "show centre".

If you're interested in doing this you should know that it takes months of dedicated practice that most people cannot afford. The virtual blue angels fell apart because of the committment needed, they may have reformed since. I don't want to put you off, but you must realise that without total committment for a flight team, you'll be wasting your time. If you can get a group together though, the rewards can be great :)

If you are interested, let me know as I have a few notes and sop's from when I was in one that I should have somewhere.
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
        I'd have to say a big NO for falcon. The MP code is pretty crap when it comes to flying 2 feet off someone's wing.
        Agreed. For some reason the Tankers are not so jittery maybe because they are AI, but to try and even fly 30 feet off your wingman was a challenge a lot of times.
        New to TG?

Comment

lol formation flying in tankers - now no-one's tried that before...
          Jex.

Comment

Just wondering if any of you have tried to do formation flying on an empty server?

What I mean is make an empty TE so the server is not tracking a war at the same time.

Comment

Try a google search for virtualthunderbirds (can't post links yet).... LOMAC yes, but excellent flying :)

Be sure to chk out their 2005 trailer video.... very, very nice.

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
              Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X