Enemy Engaged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy Engaged

If anyone has this you may wish to dig it out and re-install it. Check this post over at simHQ

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boa...;f=30;t=004091

There is a dance but it does have support for T/ir with 6DOF :)

I re-installed it yesterday and even though the graphics are dated (there have been some improvements), the sim plays exceptionally well on MP.
    Jex.

Re: Enemy Engaged

Man, that game is almost illegally fun. I picked it up a month or two back for 4 bucks on ebay, but haven't really played it since.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

It's great - i've played it 2 days none stop, and with T/ir and 6DOF, it means I can lean around my pit. Trackir makes the IHADDSS come to life here. It also supports a dynamic campaign and can run a server (which I'll be hosting up somewhere to test).

Missions usually consist of 2 ship flights (can fly Comanche, Apache, Chinook, cobra, giant, blackhawk) but sometime there's a 4 ship going off.

The graphics are far improved over the original and you can handoff targets to your human wingamn. In all, it's great fun and the T/ir with 6dof is just unbeleivable!"
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
        It's great - i've played it 2 days none stop, and with T/ir and 6DOF, it means I can lean around my pit. Trackir makes the IHADDSS come to life here. It also supports a dynamic campaign and can run a server (which I'll be hosting up somewhere to test).

Missions usually consist of 2 ship flights (can fly Comanche, Apache, Chinook, cobra, giant, blackhawk) but sometime there's a 4 ship going off.

The graphics are far improved over the original and you can handoff targets to your human wingamn. In all, it's great fun and the T/ir with 6dof is just unbeleivable!"
        Browsing the SimHQ forums, I found some info about one main server:
        http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...0;t=004604;p=0

Might be fun to have a try playing there. Can't wait to get back into the air again.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I've had it for about 3 months now and have yet to complete a full mission. But from what I've played it seems like it would be a lot more fun with the TrackIR and a full HOTAS setup. (I'm just using a joystick with an attached throttle). The one complaint I have is that, other than the Commache and Havoc, all the cockpits look the same.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bodofooko
            I've had it for about 3 months now and have yet to complete a full mission. But from what I've played it seems like it would be a lot more fun with the TrackIR and a full HOTAS setup. (I'm just using a joystick with an attached throttle). The one complaint I have is that, other than the Commache and Havoc, all the cockpits look the same.
            My setup is similar, and admittedly it does get a bit irritating to move my tiny slide throttle up and down like a madman. In the end, I just bound the thrust controls to my keyboard. A hat switch does wonders, but TrackIR would be great if I could afford it :(

Maybe we 3 could get together and do a bit of flying sometime.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I've been flying with 2 other friends, plus will be getting some more of the chaps to install it (making 6-8). Hosting a game is easy, don't need a dedicated server (yet) but player base is minimal. Make sure you install the new texture packs (including skies and water).

As for the cockpits, they are using the Apache ones. This sim was never intended to allow any other helo's to be flown other than the original 4, so it must use the apache cockpit. 6DOF will only work on the comanche/havok (or is it hokum) as these 2 are the only helo's to have a true 3d pit. Normal t/ir will work in all other pits
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                It's great - i've played it 2 days none stop
                So thats where you have been ;)

Comment

lol 3 now :)

It's great fun playing a chopper sim again. You can get a copy of this game "Enenmy Engaged - Commanche vs Hokum" for pennies (ebay, amazon) and with track IR you can... well I need to do a short vid and post it up for all to see.

I'm currently testing this and we may put it up on the server if we get enough interest
                  Jex.

Comment

It's an awesome game, cheap too. Got mine for 5 bucks Australian, which is about $3USD.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Found this EE video over at the TrackIR site. Look for the download link:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/...-vs-hokum.html
                      New to TG?

Comment

just ordered this game from amazon after hearing all these comments hehe,

used to play gunship since C64 on tape.. glad to know there is another similar heli sim again I can play on the xp without too much problem.

which build would you guys recommend by the way from the simHQ site? the bugfree one or the beta?

Comment

I'd go with the bugfree one. The raw power of these helicopters scares me to hell - pop up over a mountain, launch a bunch of hellfires, pop down in under 5 seconds. And look, 10 kills!

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I'm currently using the 1.6.2.W.T.6 version (T9 is the newest but there is a bug displaying the correct textures in MP, only the host gets the good textures, clients get the bad ones)

I'll post up a new thread shortly as we've found some tweaks to enable better gameplay.

As for a dedicated server, we've had issues with that and are trying to work a way around them.

Don't expect totally bug free play, once again (like falcon), there are some steps necessary to follow to make it work. We've been playing with up to 4 and having ablast (once we've got around the problems).

If I can get this working on the server, We'll have a Enemy Engaged day perhaps were we take down the F4 server and host up an EE one.
                            Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X