Falcon 4.0 Manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 4.0 Manual

Hey, i printed mine out at the UPS store, has anyone else done this? How usefull is the manual to you personally?
    I find it rather nice, but not really useful for actually doing stuff, there is nothing that step by step explains how to bomb a tank, or a biulding, from takeoff to drop, including getting back home.

-Kaine

Re: Falcon 4.0 Manual

Personally, I think the manual helped a lot while I was learning the basics of the game. Most of it is unnecessary waffle, but running through the training missions briefly kinda got me accustomed to the logic and layout of the systems. Once you think about it, all the A-G weapons are pretty damn similar. 5 minutes of reading also taught me the A-A radar modes, which I then practiced in Dogfight mode. At the moment though, the manual is useful mostly as a reference source for the more technical aspects. If I read something I don't understand on Frugal's World, I'll probably look it up.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaine904
      Hey, i printed mine out at the UPS store, has anyone else done this? How usefull is the manual to you personally?

I find it rather nice, but not really useful for actually doing stuff, there is nothing that step by step explains how to bomb a tank, or a biulding, from takeoff to drop, including getting back home.

-Kaine
      Yes I've done it and it's immensely useful. Have you done all the training missions in conjunction with the manual? They are very much step by step for each of those stages of an attack you mentioned.
      New to TG?

Comment

Yes i have, but they break it down so much, they just give you X situation, here is what you do in that situation. They really dont tell you how to get into a mission, find the situation yourself, look at different threats, and then go for the target. At least that is my impression of the manual.
        -Kaine

Comment

Yes i have, but they break it down so much, they just give you X situation, here is what you do in that situation. They really dont tell you how to get into a mission, find the situation yourself, look at different threats, and then go for the target. At least that is my impression of the manual.
          -Kaine
          True. The way to acquire that knowledge is to get your damn O-Flight done already and start flying with us! There's a fairly basic set of "rules" (for lack of a better word) that you use each and every mission to get ready and set up, and to put yourself into the situations demonstrated in the manual. You should have them down pat in 2 or so online flights - things such as sequence and formation takeoffs, fencing in, keeping up with flight members, proper nav to target, egress, and the endless vectoring that comes with landings. Even if you don't think you're ready for an O-flight, book one ASAP!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

haha, i'm working on it! I would have wanted one done today, but i have so much work to do for school, i know, only like 15 - 30 minutes, but daaannngg, that and i'd like to do it with a few hours blocked out of my scedual for maybe some impromtue lessons or something.
            -Kaine
            p.s. i cant spell

Comment

That manual makes great bathroom reading. Nothing like reading about ICP modes whilst having a personal moment in the can. :)
              [volun]

Comment

I printed all 716 pages out at work, in color... for free! :)

Comment

ok well you just suck!
                  jk, but still... i'm jellouse
                  -Kaine

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse