Stopworks Pits are now official!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopworks Pits are now official!

If you own the Stopworks pits for F4AF, check your e-mail...they are now an OFFICIAL add-on and Stopworks has released a patch to get them working with 1.05!

This is great news! I'm so glad they worked this out! I really missed being able to fly with these pits!
    [volun]

Re: Stopworks Pits are now official!

AMEN. Patch worked fine and up and flyin again in this nice lookin pit!

Comment

Hello Stopworks Customers!

Today, February 5th, 2006, is a super day for supporters of Stopworks and Lead Pursuit: Stopworks Block 50 and Block 40 pits and pilots are now officially approved, licensed add-ons for Falcon 4.0: Allied Force.

No longer will there be any compatibility issues with patch 1.05 or future patches--the Stopworks pits will work with 1.05 and full support is planned by the Lead Pursuit team for future patches, including support for a simpler cockpit installation method when 1.06 is released.

For the first time in its history, Stopworks is producing fully-licensed flight simulation add-on products! As you might imagine, I have received a huge number of e-mails in the past two months--starting from the release of patch 1.04--asking what could be done to fix the Stopworks cockpits with Allied Force. In that vein, Stopworks had begun a conversation with LP to make the cockpits and pilots compatible.

Today, our troubles are over, and the patch available now to all our customers will fix the previous problems of "locking up" on the loadscreen. We are truly sorry for the long delay and for the silence. Stopworks prides itself on quick, helpful customer support--the difficult circumstances of being quiet, while a deal between the companies was made behind closed doors, prevented a rapid response to our customers, or even an explanation of what was happening. Stopworks pledges to its customers that it will not "go silent" ever again; fortunately, it will not have to happen again.

Support for Patch 1.05

Simply click the link below to download the new Stopworks Fix for Allied Force 1.05. Whether you have a Block 40 or 50, pilot or no, this fix will patch you up. And feel free to write directly to me, Scott "Dr. Stop", if I can help in any way!

www.stopworks.us/Stopworks1.05.zip

Comment

W00tness!
        New to TG?

Comment

Awesome. Now there's no reason for me not to buy this.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

That has made my day, Great work and many thanks to the guys at Stops and Allied Force.

Comment

I have never used these pits so I was going to ask if they are worth the investment. I'm assuming from the feedback in this thread that they are well-liked. So are these pits a must-have or are they just some very nice eye candy?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDuke16
                I have never used these pits so I was going to ask if they are worth the investment. I'm assuming from the feedback in this thread that they are well-liked. So are these pits a must-have or are they just some very nice eye candy?
                Check the screenshots at the link above. I think the difference is striking.
                New to TG?

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Yes, they're official. Here's the media release and some screenies :)

Lead Pursuit LLC is pleased to announce another official add-on for Falcon 4.0: Allied Force. Stopworks.us brings additional F-16 cockpits and pilot add-ons to the award-winning F-16 combat flight simulator.

Produced under license by Scott Purdy, Stopworks offers additional Block 40 and Block 50 cockpits for use over the hi-tech battlefield. The cockpits - entirely constructed of textured and detailed 3D models - merge seamlessly with the surrounding Falcon world, and offer additional side-panel views, exceptionally smooth and shadowed button animations, warning flags, a full-color HSI, realistic tall-sidestick and ramp start functionality. The cockpits can be used in concert with combat edge-equipped pilots, or other pilot add-ons emblazoned with your favorite real or virtual squadron.

Joel Bierling, Executive Producer, Lead Pursuit LLC, said: "The "office" environment for the combat pilot is a particularly important aspect of any simulation. These new cockpits from Stopworks give a highly innovative feel to the experience of flying an F-16 aircraft, complementing the acclaimed pits in Allied Force. We know many Allied Force pilots will be delighted with this new collaboration following the success of Tom Waelti's HiTilesAF terrain enhancement release."

Scott "Dr. Stop" Purdy said: "The new partnership is a great moment for fans of the Falcon series, where they can now officially take to the skies in a unique series of cockpits. Fans of Stopworks cockpits and pilots will be thrilled to know that Lead Pursuit has their interests at heart, and that the Stopworks products will be compatible with the current and future versions of Falcon 4.0: Allied Force."

The cockpit and pilot add-ons can be purchased now from www.stopworks.us, where one can also find further information, screenshots, and a FAQ.

Comment

I'm using the pit, and honestly, they are mroe usefull. I feel they respond better than stock, as well as make the necesary instruments clearer and better identified. They stand out a bit more than in stock, and the "no nonsense" look also helps. Also, on the stock, your mfd buttons can get hidden, which makes doing manual adjustments a toughy. These new pits help me alot, as well as make the game look a good bit prettier.
                    I downloaded them, and if you have 12 bucks to spare, they are well worth the investment, but if you enjoy the stock pits, dont feel the need to upgrade. They are a little more usefull than hi-tiles, but still about asthetics. Its your choice, if you like realistic grime, and use your keyboard and/or joystick for most of your functions, or use padlock alot, these pits wont be for you, but if you really get lost in the pit, these help alot with your situational awarness, and personally have helped me in my dogfights and navigation, as well as the fact that i primarily use the pit to run my aircraft.

Your choice, there expensive, but they can be worth it.
                    -Kaine

Comment

heh - nice little customization... :)

--- or even ---

Last edited by EyeSeePeeDude; 02-07-2006, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Is that just a photoshop or did you add that to your pit?
                        New to TG?

Comment

I edited 16_12_dn.gif... :) (*and backed up the original of course*)

Comment

as you all know, I had a recent hard drive crash, and these pits weren't in my backup script (*somehow*), so they were lost in the crash. After a short e-mail to Scott over at Stopworks with my situation and the transaction report from Paypal, he sent me a new download e-mail within 5 minutes of him reading it, and less than an hour from me sending it -- what great Customer Service. :)

I think I'll go spend some more money over there to show my thanks...

Comment

Yup, he did the same for me. Very nice service.
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X