Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!

Got an issue that’s driving me nuts…

I am trying to do multiplayer Falcon 4.0 AF. Every time I try to connect to a host server, I get “server connection timed out” after about 15 seconds, and before ever fully connecting. The bar only goes across 2/3’s of the way then freezes. I’ve tried to connect to at least five different servers all of which were up and running fine (I was talking to each server’s administrator over Team Speak as I was trying).

My system is XP Home
    I have DSL thru Sprint
    Internet and email is running fine – I easily download programs and movie clips – speed does not seem to be an issue at all

I have already done the following:

Turned off the firewall in Window’s
    Looked unsuccessfully for other firewalls
    Configured my router according to the directions given in portforward.com
    Tried doing it without the router hooked up with the exact same result (at least it’s not the router)
    Set up a Static IP Address as directed
    About a thousand other trial and error configuration attempts

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    [TG] Monkey

Re: Help Please!

All i can think of is that your internet service provider is blocking the ports needed. I would call your ISP and ask for assistance from them, also it might be an issue with DSL itself.
    Try doing that, they should be able to help you.
    -Kaine

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyboy
      Hmmmm, I know what you mean. with regard to the firewall, they can be a nightmare. The only fire wall I can get Falcon through is Zone alarm, & I have tried a few popular ones with not much success. I usually get a timed out message when the servers down or my firewall stops it. Have you been to this site below for advice on multiplayer connections?

http://www.simhq.com/_air5/air_163a.html

I am by no means a technician but hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyboy

I am trying to do multiplayer Falcon 4.0 AF. Every time I try to connect to a host server, I get “server connection timed out” after about 15 seconds, and before ever fully connecting. The bar only goes across 2/3’s of the way then freezes. I’ve tried to connect to at least five different servers all of which were up and running fine (I was talking to each server’s administrator over Team Speak as I was trying).

My system is XP Home
        I have DSL thru Sprint
        Internet and email is running fine – I easily download programs and movie clips – speed does not seem to be an issue at all

I have already done the following:

Turned off the firewall in Window’s
        Looked unsuccessfully for other firewalls
        Configured my router according to the directions given in portforward.com
        Tried doing it without the router hooked up with the exact same result (at least it’s not the router)
        Set up a Static IP Address as directed
        About a thousand other trial and error configuration attempts

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
        Now this is one tech support issue that I actually have experience with :)
        I believe that this is caused by your copy of Falcon still being partially connected to a given server, thus stopping you from being able to join another.

In my experience, the way to fix this is to....wait. When I've had these problems with the TG server, a server restart also cured this. You might also want to give your ISP a ring, as I think that worked for a few guys over at multiviper.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
        |TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I hope this doesn't send you in the wrong direction but I was on a flight about a month ago where one of the pilots could not connect. After ruling out firewalls, routers, etc., Doc (who was doing all the troubleshooting) googled the model# of this person's dsl modem. It turned out that this guy's modem had a built-in firewall that was configurable only by the isp. This type of firewall was not directly accessible by the end-user. But Doc found something on the net about how to access the configuration menus so this person was able to shut down the firewall.

I had never heard of a modem and/or an isp like this. It might be worth checking out. But either way, I would contact your isp.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X