Falcon controller setup...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon controller setup...

While I don't have enough cash for a CH setup I do have a X45 HOTAS. I also have a very basic Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. I am thinking of using the Sidewinder as my stick and the X45 plugged in but only using the throttle from this combo. Is that possible?? Thanks for any and all help.

In the pursuit of... something.

Re: Falcon controller setup...

If Windows can recognize them all then you're set. Even though I can map things from multiple CH devices my current setup doesn't and appears as three separate controllers to Falcon. You just have to pick the device that contains the axis you want to assign and click the detect button.
    Pavehawk
    Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Possibly, it depends on how F4 reads from multiple joystick devices. I know with FS2004 you can do this. The only thing you may want to do is with the x45 joystick to set the X and Y axis to have a huge dead zone so if you accidentally hit or move the stick your plane won't go haywire. If you feel adventurous open up the joystickand either cut the wires that control the axises and the buttons or put a switch on the wires so you can disable them and enable them anytime you want. As for having multiple switches coming out the back of the joystick I think you can somehow get it into one switch, but as for actually doing that I don't have the technical knoweldge.
      -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Ok why would you not use the x45 stick ?????? This does not make sense to me..... Talk to Polish he has an x45 and a very good profile......

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-119th
          Ok why would you not use the x45 stick ?????? This does not make sense to me..... Talk to Polish he has an x45 and a very good profile......
          I also use the X45 and love it ....

I have a pretty good, easy to use profile as well .......

I have used the Sidewinder and don't know why you wouldn't use the X45 Stick ....
          Any specific reason ?
          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Well, I just feel with the stiffness of the X45 I could use the MS stick so I could be a little lighter on the controls. However, I found a modification you can do to the X45 to reduce the stiffness. I may try that. We shall see. I think I'll have to use the X45 just because it allows you so many more control options.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X