Falcon 4.0 Demo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 4.0 Demo?

I have look all over for a demo to see how it runs on my computer before I buy it. Is there one? Thanks for the help guys.

Re: Falcon 4.0 Demo?

I have never seen a demo??? I really don't think one exists... can anyone back me up? It is an old game so your comp doesn't have to be that great.

Slammer

Comment

Nope, I haven't seen a demo of Falcon. It will easily run on what would be considered lower spec pcs compared to most of today's games.

The specs from my box read:
      Win 98 through xp
      Pentium 4 1.5 ghz or AMD Athlon 1.2 (recommend: P4 2.4 or AMD Athlon 1800)
      1.5gb hard disk space
      4xCD-Rom
      1024x768 capable Monitor
      64 mb 3d Directx compatible Video card (recommend: 128mb)
      100% DirectX version 9.0b or higher sound card
      DSL/Broadband for MP
      DirectX version 9.0b
      New to TG?

Comment

There was a demo of Falcon 4.0 back in the day, though I never had it either. There is no demo of F4:AF available.

Comment

What are your specs and we can tell you whether or not it'll run.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

I have a desktop I know will run it but I want to be able to get it on my laptop since I travel alot. My laptop is a Toshiba a105-s101, Celeron 1.6GHz 512mb DDR2 533MHz, 64MB Integrated ATI X200 Graphics and a 60GB HD. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick responses that it what makes TG so great is people like you guys and thats what keeps me comming back. Thanks again.

Comment

Hey NightStalker, welcome to TG!

Here are the system specs - based on these I think you'll be able to run it just fine on your laptop.

* Windows® 98 / ME / 2000 / XP
              * Pentium® 4 1.5GHz or AMD Athlon® 1.2GHz CPU (recommend: Pentium® 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon® 1800)
              * 384 MB of RAM
              * 1.5 GB Free Hard Disk Space (plus 500 MB for Windows Swap File)
              * 4x CD-ROM Drive, 100% Windows compatible mouse, keyboard and joystick
              * 1024x768 resolution capable color monitor
              * 3D accelerated DirectX® 9 .0c compatible Video Card with 64MB of memory (recommend 128MB)
              * DirectX® version 9.0c or higher compatible sound card
              * 56Kbps ("hardware") modem for multiplayer options (recommended: DSL/Broadband)
              * DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher.
              * As a general rule of thumb, make sure you have the latest Windows updates (including Windows XP Service Pack 2 and following updates), and latest drivers for your other hardware (graphics card, sound card, joystick controller...)
              [volun]

Comment

Sweet. I think im gonna take the plunge and get it. I want it even more now that I see how great of a community you guys have here at TG. Any Mid-Range Flight Stick you reccomend. I notice allot use the X-52 but I think thats to complicated for me until I get more experienced. Thanks again you guys ROCK ! ! !.

Comment

I'd really try to go with a stick/throttle combo or HOTAS if you can swing it. The X45 is about the least expensive setup like this - I have one and I like it just fine.

You can certainly use a standard joystick like a Logitech Wingman 3D, but if you get into the game, you'll probably outgrow it quick and wish you'd gotten the HOTAS. :)

I think you'll like it here, welcome aboard!
                  [volun]

Comment

look on ebay for the x45 it looks like you can get it for a decent price, just look out for where it is cheap and a ton of shipping.
                    -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

-----Cougar ---- Cougar-----Cougar-----
                      Opps sorry had o sa it...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse