In-flight video from a TG flight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-flight video from a TG flight!

Check it out - it's from an OCA strike against Hwanju I believe. Flight members are Fuzzy, myself, Wolf and EyeSeePeeDude. Slammer and Kilo were in the TARCAP.

You'll see me get hit with a R-73 as I attack the runway as enemy planes are taking off...

http://www.wolfsquad.com/Falcon/F16Shootdown_0002.wmv
    [volun]

Re: In-flight video from a TG flight!

After creating this, I realized I could have done a couple of things better and maybe avoided the missile...

Firstly, I joined this mission in progress after having crashed to desktop when the flight took off. This is always a bad idea. I always seem to forget something when this happens, and in this case I forgot to load my saved cockpit. So I was using the default EWS program #1 - no flares.

When I saw the aircraft I was already committed to A-G attack so not much I could do there. Where I screwed up was in not getting my eyes immediately on the bandit with padlock. The reason I didn't was because of the low altitude. If I had it to do over again I would have padlocked him anyway and took my chances in losing orientation/hitting the ground during the turn. Maybe I'd have gotten a visual on the inbound missile.

I didn't see the radar spike on the RWR. In the video you can see and hear it. That should have been an additional warning.

And of course it would have helped to drop flares along with the chaff!

The point is this: flight recordings like this are great learning tools in finding out what went right or wrong. Recommended! I use FRAPS.
    [volun]

Comment

Did you notice much of an impact while you had FRAPS recording?

Comment

That was very entertaining to watch. Many thanks.

If "TacticalGamer.com" wasn't in there somewhere, I recommend it be included in future films.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman
          The point is this: flight recordings like this are great learning tools in finding out what went right or wrong. Recommended! I use FRAPS.
          Do you guys find the built in AVTR useful for this too? I realize it's a different end result that isn't easily shared and only captures object data from the game. Having the real out of the cockpit view combined with the SA provided by the TS audio is a great tool and even a marketing device. Seeing every object on the battlefield before, during, and after the strike no doubt can be very useful too.

Was that a Block 40/42 Stopworks pit?
          Pavehawk
          Any Time, Any Place

Comment

I got the nero countermeasures program in my saved cockpit, so I hit alt c and then L to laod that all up instantaneomatically. works really nice. I hate sitting there and programming the chaff/flare routines.

Comment

Yep, that's a Stopworks pit. Looks nice, doesn't it? :)

My system handles FRAPS pretty well...I'm recording at 15 FPS, half-size. The hit is barely noticeable.

It took some fanagling to be able to record the game audio, TS and my own voice. I put in a second sound card I had lying around which is only used for the mic record source (TeamSpeak transmit). The other sound card records a mono mix of everything else (game audio, TeamSpeak receive, my voice). To get my own voice, I had to run a cable from the speaker out of the second card to the line in of the first and unmute the mic as a playback source.

The AVTR is just as useful. You get a better overall picture of the situation. But I like the cockpit video because I can review my avionics and weapons system settings and see what went down. Having both would be ideal. Unfortunately you are right, it is very difficult if not impossible to share the AVTR recordings with others.
              [volun]

Comment

Hey maybe i should record with AVTR and then record the AVTR playback with FRAPS?
                [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Pavehawk
                  Do you guys find the built in AVTR useful for this too?
                  Very nice video. I use AVTR all the time as it gives you lots of tools for viewing plus flight information, and you can view from the enemys vantage point to pick up your mistakes. You can play other peoples AVTR files by placing them in the acmibin folder in lead pursuit. Not sure what fraps can do but it looks good. You can get the 'How to make movies in sims' using Fraps & Windows movie maker here. http://www.simhq.com/_air3/air_116a.html Hey polish, does Fraps convert the .vhs files from falcons AVTR?

Check 6:row__591:

Comment

Great job Boogie!
                    New to TG?

Comment

No, it won't convert the VHS files. It basically records whatever you see on your monitor to an AVI file. But I suppose I could record as I view the AVTR tape, then I'd have an AVI file of it. I'll give it a go and see how it works.
                      [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X