Future of Falcon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Falcon

Ok It gets talked about in Teamspeak but no one will bring it up .....So I will take the Heat as a Suporting member of Tactical Gamer......Lately Falcon has seemed to be a ghost town which is fine we have mabey 2 pilots flying some times we get 4 ...Nothing like a month ago when we had 5 to 6 most nights ponding the North Korean's......Well what do we do when there is a server issue and no Admin for Days......Other then PM one.....And why do we have people not on TS poping into the server and laging pilots who are flying ...... And people who are on TS it would be nice to tell people you are loging into the server so when we get a lag spike we know why......It sucks when you are coming in for a landing and someone joins the server and you get a lag spike just as you flare ......
    I had fun when we had everyone in here flying and I know I have strong opinons on some issues...I hate to find other places to fly but with a ghost town it does not make much of a choice....
    And Jex I saw your post on Some new stuff you are working on but the pilots that are flying have pushed up and the new people we have O'Flighted lately are no were to be seen....
    Could we entertain the thought of opening the F-16,F-14 and F-18 for player flight...... This seems to work at Multi-Viper with out an issue...I would restric it to no less then 2 human player to take up those aircraft no solo flying..... Just a thought.....

Re: Future of Falcon

I've been on a few times, but being the only one, I just exited out -- nothing worse than flying alone... I miss the "old days" :)

Comment

I'd like to join in more often than I have. Unfortunately I don't think my skills are up to the task yet. I can navigate from steer point to steer point. I do a so-so job flying formation. I'm starting to get more consistent in my landings. Unfortunately I don't know that I'd be able to get back to base and land a shot up aircraft. That assumes I can make it back at all.

My real lack of experience is in weapons employment and threat assessment. I'm still working my way through the training missions as my time permits. Unfortunately I haven't been able to set aside time to do that lately. Yes, I've completed my O-flight. Yes, I could log onto the server tonight if I had the time and wanted to. Would I feel effective? Probably not. I'd feel like a drain on the flight/package because I'm not prepared to fly into combat in a campaign.

I don't know how many other pilots are in my position. Given the number of pilots that have completed the O-flight and the number participating on a given night there's probably a sound reason for it. Whether they match my current status, or they migrated to the next game because they found this too difficult, or they're just doing a lot of different things simultaneously.

I do tend to share your opinion on following SOP's on the campaign server. If you want to connect to the server, connect to TeamSpeak first. Maybe that's just my military discipline kicking in. I'm not part of the admin team here, nor am I a supporting member so I don't expect to have much of a voice in the operation of the F4 server. I will state my belief that if you can't play by the rules then you should be disciplined for it. If that doesn't work then maybe the next step is to put that pilot on leave for a bit. Additionally maybe the server password needs to be changed every 90 days and a system of currency should be considered. Something along the lines of each pilot must fly at least two hours of recurrent training with an IP every 90 days. As a real world pilot I have to perform three take offs and landings every 90 days to carry passengers, why not make our virtual pilots do something similar.

One of my managers used to say "don't come to me with problems, come to me with solutions." That was his way of saying don't complain about it, help fix it. In my particular case maybe I just need another human pilot and a good TE to learn some A-A or A-G weapon employment. It's been said many times that training with another live pilot beats the snot out of sifting through the manual and the training missions.

Maybe scheduled training and campaign nights would help to draw more players online. I know my success in getting online is higher when I can coordinate my online play with my wife. (Read: I gotta get my kitchen pass!) I do believe for effective training though that you need the proper ratio of IPs to pilots.

I know you've taken the initiative in the past to schedule the Friday Night Flights and I commend you for that. Keep doing exactly that and post every week that you're doing it. Also keep in mind that you've got folks in multiple time zones on multiple continents. Don't get discouraged by a light week or two or if you're the only person on TeamSpeak. If everyone logged in to find they were the only ones on TeamSpeak and then logged out, nobody would ever be on TeamSpeak.
      Pavehawk
      Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Understood pave ...... And I know people have other things they do..... I have and will continue to host TE and training in areas that people need help in ..... So hit me up if you need help.... I am out on a medical condition so I have a little more time now......

Comment

Hi all,
          I too have been a bit pre-occupied as I've changed jobs twice in the last month and sometimes I haven't had access to the internet or my home computer.. My wife has also just had a baby so things have been a bit busy around home as well. Now that I'm organised I will be able to fly more often than I have. My job requires me to work away for two weeks then have one week off and I'm going to set up a computer in my room at work when I can as well. I will still continue to support TG even though I have not been around much lately. I find the thirteen hour time difference isn't a problem and will suit my shift work. Now that I'm settled I will be around more often as I enjoy flying and wish I could devote more time to it. I think Pavehawk has summed up most things in his post. (especially the kitchen pass:) ) For me flying is one of those passions that is very addictive so if I can't fly then I'll try to contribute something else if I can. Maybe we can have a pole to see what nights are the best for people, then draw up a weekly flying schedule and pick 2 or three nights and/or days so that if you miss one bombing/training schedule you can get the next one. That way you can at least know there might be some pilots around at that time.

Comment

Well Put Riddler.... Great Ideal........ We have many pilots in here who know what they are doing and we need to pass these skills to everyone...... A poll would be a good start to get the Flight line back up.....As I have posted before PM me and I will help anyone with Flight issue's.... Training in the game is one thing using it in the Server is Diffrent.....We were doing Friday night Fights but that did not work..... Mabey something on Sunday or Saturday....

Comment

If there's a server issue, PM one of the IP's. I'm accessible through AIM and MSN as well. I don't think you'll find us to be unresponsive to those kinds of things.
              [volun]

Comment

The server is running the multiviper script. If it goes down it'll restart itself. However, that being said I have noticed the server gets stuck, using 100% processor at which stage direct intervention may be necessary. That however is not the end of all creation - it is easy to host up a flight and most people connection should allow for 4 people at least.
                Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X