Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new joystick so i can get into Falcon 4.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new joystick so i can get into Falcon 4.

As stated above I need a new joystick preferrably one with a separate throttle and maybe force feedback for under $80 if anyone has a joystick they can suggest it would be a big help before go out and buy Falcon 4.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Re: Need a new joystick so i can get into Falcon 4.

Well have you looked on E-Bay .... You might find an X-45 for around that..... Force Feedback is nice but I would go with an X-45,X-52.... Or a Cougar (you will not find a Cougar for that price but I had to throw it in the mix)...... And the Stick depend on the Level or realism you want to fly.....Your standard Sidewinder or Trustmaster Afterburner Stick is Good but for more realism the X-45 and -52 are better....

Comment

Oh, you guys use those joystick things? I find the arrow keys work quite sufficiently. But if I HAD TO GET ONE, I'd probably get a moderately priced one like the X-45 as Wolf suggested until I figured out how deep I was going to go into this sim. For the record I have a good friend who does okay with a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and some pretty fancy keyboard work...

Hope to see you in here soon.

Monkey out...
      [TG] Monkey

Comment

Here ya go.Lots of good prices, might get a backup myself.
        http://search.ebay.com/search/search...rclo=&saprchi=

RAIDMAX X1 ATX/450 Watts
        AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ Toledo Core
        OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
        ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
        GIGABYTE Geforce 6800 GS
        Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i w/Rudder

Comment

I believe the real F-16 is fly-by-wire, so there wouldn't be any force feedback in real life either. Just a thought I had, not saying you shouldn't get force feedback if that's what you want.
          New to TG?

Comment

I don't have the money for the x-52 but I will look into the x-45.
            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

If you're ok with the price, you can't go wrong with the X45. I've had mine for several years now and it's still going strong. Easily programmable and very easy to find Falcon profiles on the web (or just ask any of us who have one).

Comment

You could try the X-45. It's a good stick and I use it. The X52 is the next step up and then after that you're talking cougar
                Jex.

Comment

Some folks in California have some decent equipment as well. Most of the discussions here tend to talk about Saiteks for the cost conscious and the Thrustmaster Cougar as the top end. I'm pretty pleased with my setup. The quality and flexibility of these devices was all the ROI needed.

Note: This isn't mean to be a X is better than Y post. I'm simply trying to expose yet another option for those that aren't limited by budget.
                  Pavehawk
                  Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...