Server will be patched to 1.06 this evening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server will be patched to 1.06 this evening

Yes, I'm alive. I picked up some extra work and have been out of the loop all week, but I hope to get back into some Falcon either tonight or tomorrow.

Jex has contacted me and since he's grounded, I'll patch the server tonight around 7:00-7:30 PM EST, as soon as I get home.

Be advised I've read at least one post about multiplayer instability with the new patch. They are supposedly experiencing server crashes every 20 minutes over at Multivipers. If anyone has any more information, please post it here. I still plan to patch and see what happens, since most of us have probably already patched anyway. Just be prepared to roll back to 1.05 if it blows up. :row__639:
    [volun]

Re: Server will be patched to 1.06 this evening

Server is patched now to 1.06. The existing campaign is loaded. If there's any trouble with it, contact an admin and we'll fire up a brand-new campaign.
    [volun]

Comment

Ok great but once again LP has hosed a patch MP crash's and there are many post....... GGGGRRRRR fiqures.....By the way hey Boog whats up LOL

Comment

Is the server stable? Or should we roll back already? :)

stevie

Comment

Ok here is the latest...... MP for Deticated servers are an issue.... a NON-Deticated server seems to run Fine... LP is looking into it.... I am not rolling back .....I am not dancing again I have started to convert the Desert Storm Campaing for AF and many sound editd....C3PO is on top of this and it should not be long for a fix.....Hosting Camapings is a 50/50 deal I talked to a few at Multi and they have tested it many ways with mostly the same result... Crash after 20 minutes...Mabey Hamchi might work ....
          This is a post from AV8R on Sim HG I think he is on the right path an C3PO is on it...
          Online TEs work, Camps crash after some time...

Campaigns create much more network traffic than do TEs due to higher complexity, correct?

So has anyone tried a very complex TE to see if it also crashes?

Sounds like postional updates might be causing a choke point, if I were to guess at it. Maybe switching them off (if possible) might be a work around.

Then maybe only have high positional updating kick in when human a/c are within 1km of eachother. Even then have it an user switch to disable if servers dont want the impact of the updates at all?

See you in TS .....

Comment

Yesterday a friend of mine and me played a TE. I was amazed with the improvement of the network code. Formation flying is alot more easier now.

We had some crashes and sometimes my friends recon didn't show up. (Could have been his video drivers though)

I think it's very important to restart the sim before doing a second mission or prior to join a server.

stevie

Comment

Always restart the sim after each mission. It's amazing that people still think that AF is a different game than F4 - it isn't - and it still has issues that a restart can keep to a minimum.
              Jex.

Comment

Well TE's run fine they are less intensive when it comes to data transfer.... It is Server Net play that is Hosed.... LP knows this and are scrambling to fix it..... Server will crash after a period of time... Every flight wing that has a server is reporting this..... So TE's are the way till 1.06 is fixed... Or roll back to 1.05... And you know my feeling on that....

Comment

Or host a campaign on a desktop...worked fine the other night on Smeg's...TE's are great for training, but training bores me quick unless we're gonna do some red versus blue stuff...
                  [TG] Monkey

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X