Tg F4af Is Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tg F4af Is Dead

Groups are defined by their participants...F4 in TG is DEAD. I'll continue to check in hoping for all that it could be, but otherwise...see you elsewhere...
    [TG] Monkey

Re: Tg F4af Is Dead

Hummmm..... Falcon is not Dead......... Lately some people who have been in have said that personel thing's have keep them busy.....Games have there highs and lows..... Personely I have recived 5 emails for training 2 of which are from new pilots...I am in most of the day ...... It is getting warmer and like most games they are sometimes seasonal.....
    Right now I am waiting for 1.06 to be fixed and I am working on a Big TE to run and the Skin's.......So Relax if you Build it they will come .....

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyboy
      Groups are defined by their participants...F4 in TG is DEAD. I'll continue to check in hoping for all that it could be, but otherwise...see you elsewhere...
      I'm not going to step on toes here, but if, hypothetically, I were a GO for Falcon, I'd probably lock/delete this type of thread.

Why?

Well, it's pretty well uninformed:there were a bunch of recent threads about the new patch, Wolf's efforts to cajole new players to the server, and a head's up that the Balakans campaign has been loaded.

There is also the lack of realization that Falcon is a niche product by the poster. It's never going to have 16 players on at any given moment, like CS:S, or 64 players, like BF2.

Falcon 4.0AF is a very technical SIM, so it's going to appeal to the few, the proud, the stubborn, the skilled, not those looking to blow off some steam by playing an arcade shooter.

Next, people have lives.

It's getting to be Summer, and that is a typical downtime for Tactical Gamer as a whole, not just Falcon 4.0AF. Shame on people not being at their computers on a Friday or Saturday night! The nerve!

I think you get my point. If I were GO, I'd be thinking: someone comes in to the Falcon forums and sees: "this game is dead! I'm leaving!"-what are they going to think? They are going to think that we do, indeed, have a dead server, and not knowing any better, they will leave as well.

Would it not have been more productive to say:
      "Hey, I'm on the server, jump in!" or
      "Let's get a game on!" or
      "Calling all pilots!"?

Anyway, that's my .02.

I don't play Falcon nearly enough to remedy the percieved pilot deficit, but it seems like if you are truly interested in keeping the game alive here, this post is the exact opposite of what needs to get done.

Comment

Mateo pretty much hits the nail on the head. We are indeed a niche market - TG has always been niche because we play a different game than most. Now take falcon which doesn't have a massive online following coupled with a niche playing style and we will have less players. However, we do gain new players but it is a slow build up. We've had people come here and play and they either stay or find somewhere else to play. We are not about racking up kills, there are other servers out there that do that and quite unsuprisingly, are more popular. Of the people that do say all I can say is that I'm impressed with there level of teamwork and committment to learning the sim. Give it time and you'll see some action soon.

I'll leave this thread open so anyone who wishes to comment on this can do so if they wish.
        Jex.

Comment

when things get worked out and things start getting better would we fly with the people that put up those posts? maybe not

Comment

Sorry i have not been flying. Got behind in school and working my ass off to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-119th
              Hummmm..... Falcon is not Dead......... Lately some people who have been in have said that personel thing's have keep them busy.....Games have there highs and lows..... Personely I have recived 5 emails for training 2 of which are from new pilots...I am in most of the day ...... It is getting warmer and like most games they are sometimes seasonal.....
              Right now I am waiting for 1.06 to be fixed and I am working on a Big TE to run and the Skin's.......So Relax if you Build it they will come .....
              is this the install error i keep getting after i installed 1.06 every-time i run it, it checks files then wants to reinstall the original? then it wants to fix the install?
              Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

As of 5/7/2006 The Falocn server is back up and running with out any issue...... Patch to 1.06 and come on in......We had a sercet spy help us get back up .....

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfseven
                  is this the install error i keep getting after i installed 1.06 every-time i run it, it checks files then wants to reinstall the original? then it wants to fix the install?
                  Sounds like a bad install. Try Re- installing Falcon LP from the disk then apply patch 1.06 from the Patch exe. This is what I do which is probably a result from years of Falcon dancing.

1. Save your Logbook file if you want to from the 'Config' Folder.(C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Config) Its is the lbk file with your callsign in front of it. Example: ridler.lbk

2. Save your stopworks cockpit folder if you have bought it.

3. If you have bought the Hi-Tiles then change it back to the original terrain.

4. If you have a joystick profile then save it as well. It will be in the config folder.

5. Uninstall Lead Pursuit.

6. Restart computer and defrag.

7. Turn off ALL unessential programs, especially Firewalls. This is very important. Running programs can interfere with installing programs.

8. Install Lead Pursuit

9. Install patch 1.06 from the patch exe. that you downloaded. I don't use the auto up-dater as I've had troubles with it in the past. Just my Preference.

10. Put your log book file and/or joystick file back in the config folder.

11. Put your stopworks file back in the ckptart folder.

12. Switch your Hi-tiles to the terrain you want.

13. Remove the old FalconLP.exe from your firewall program control and copy in the new one or your firewall won't let it through.

You should be good to go. :)

Comment

I think it's kinda ironic (Leejo?) that this thread now has as many posts as the Original Poster. Perhaps if the OP participated more, he would find more missions to fly?

Groups ARE defined by their participants...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      I think it's kinda ironic (Leejo?) that this thread now has as many posts as the Original Poster. Perhaps if the OP participated more, he would find more missions to fly?

Groups ARE defined by their participants...
                      I couldn't agree more...;)

Comment

I can understand the frustration, but instead of offering a threat to leave the community why don't you try to build it? So let's offer some solutions for those that may be interested in that option;

1-Announce ahead of time when you'll be on. If you know that Satruday afternoons are a good time then make a post a few days ahead of time inviting others to join you.

2-Script a new mission to go along with your announcement. TEs are surprisingly easy to create and very flexible so get creative.

3-Hang out on Teamspeak. If you just pop on and see no one else there then leave you may be part of the problem not the solution. If everyone did that who knows, there could have been a flight of 12 pilots if they would have stayed on TS for a few waiting for others to show up. I will hang out on TS for half an hour or more while I watch a movie or do other things. It works!

4-Offer a training flight. Is there any particular weapon, instrument or maneuver that you just can't get your head around? Dive into the manual and all the forums you can find and then practice, practice, practice. Once you're comfortable with it offer to show other pilots what you've learned. No doubt you'll have takers.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Well this is a quote on training from the poster...This was under anouther recent threed about the 1.06 patch..

"Or host a campaign on a desktop...worked fine the other night on Smeg's...TE's are great for training, but training bores me quick unless we're gonna do some red versus blue stuff...

Training is a big part of Falcon there is no way around it Boreing or not... We all do it and need it...This is not a Arcade Sim this is a Combat Sim and as such you need time in School as well as Mission.....

Comment

I'm still haunting the forum as well. I know I've been gone for quite some time, but I got a new job and I have been working until my fingers bleed and my eyes fall out lately. I can't wait until things slow down. I've been itching to play for a long time now. Hope to see you all soon in a big ball of fire since I'll be so rusty I probably forgot how to even land. :row__639:

Comment

Well in my case it's been one thing after another. Took on a side project at work that turned out to be a NIGHTMARE, during which I had a death in a friend's family, followed by an unexpected visit from my family which continues throughout this week. Add to that my regular miserable job & tasks around the house and I've had no time for anything. Hoping to get back in the sky this week but unfortunately this weekend is no good for me either. When I do get the chance to fly, I'll be as rusty as the ship's bell on the Titanic. :(
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X