Theater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theater

Ok we are back to Korea 2005 ........ Seem's Balkan is to long of a flight in and Korea 2010 is hard fro 2 pilots to fly a mission... So once again we are back to were we started....Admins my opinion is we need to get orginized like the other groups and weed out our pilots list....There are name's on the list that even most Admin say they have not seen in a long time.....We need to get an up to date email list from all pilots who wish to fly in the server and in 30 days change the password and those who we do not have emails from have to re O'Flight.......That way we can have an email list to work from to check on pilots and there status..... We can also use MSN messenger .....
    Second I would like to get a Virtual Flight wing going here if people are interested... If that is not an issue let me know.......
    Third how about doing a Medal thisng like BF2 and the others do..... This would be based on performance in the server by a panel of people selected by the Admins...... I have a Data base of Air Medal's and Ribbons..... I know TG also does......
    People in the TG community know what BF2 and Ghost are doing why not us......If we are just going to stay on this line Fine but with work I feel we can be the up there .......Ok off my soap Box...

Re: Theater

the think is thats not right to supporting memebers who pay to be here. just because there not here and take the server and thinks away from them . i know myself im on 7 days aweek 12 hour day. been doing these hours sence november. i would not be to happy as a paying member to one day find out i cant even play agame when i have time. if all the members where here and not paying then i think you got something. but i would watch what you do to supporting members. just a view from what i have seem from your post. like i said im never here but i do support the site with an auto payment out of my bank and like i said if everything was taken because i dont fly all the time or sometime right now. i would not be happy.

Comment

Ok Fine I see your point I too pay for this...... But we play a game on a server platform that is not good for the Game .... The serve crash's due to the Operating system which we cant get changed.... We have a long pilot roster and few piolts flying.....I understand the people who work and have a life but there are names in the list I have not seen in the 3 month I have been here..... I am a member of an Online Squad we play For the Cyber Athletic League .... We pay for that but if I have not been in for a month I lose my server rights and I pay $50.00 a month for that...... If this is the way people want it fine ...... I personely find it not fun to fly with one other person......And it to me is more fun to have a group with some type of Pride ...... Falcon is a hard game and requires skill we all have it ... I just would like to see those O'Flighted people up in the Air once and a while ................ODD how a post make people who dont fly for month's come out and post .......

Comment

Our Falcon community is what it is.

What I mean is that the community defines how the game will be played and enforced by the admins. Not the other way around. Our goal is ultimately to provide the level of service for the community that it asks for. We aren't here to drive people in a direction that they might not want to go.

If the majority of people wanted to take it to the next level with an organized fighter wing, mandatory minimum participation levels, medals and ribbons, etc., then we would go in that direction. We are flexible. While we won't allow chaos to reign and for sloppy playing to ruin the experience for others, we also can't force anyone, especially our supporting members, to do more that they are willing to do.

The truth is that most people don't have the time or inclination to devote that much to this game. We are a gaming community, not a Falcon-only community. Most of us here split what gaming time we have among several games.

This is not what you want to hear, but the Tac-G squadron may not be what the truly hardcore Falcon pilot is looking for or can be satisfied with. And that should be OK with everyone. There are Falcon squadrons at every level to suit every participation level.

The good thing about Tac-G is that we gladly accept casual flyers and pilots from other squadrons. You can fly with us when you want to, and fly with the 72nd, Freebirds, or whoever else whenever you want to. It's all good. But it's ultimately up to the individual to find the place where he feels most comfortable flying.

Branch out. Apply for some of the more hardcore squadrons and see what it's all about. Fly with us when you can or when you need a break. You always have a place here and we'll keep the seat warm. It's all good! As for pride...it should make you feel proud that you support a community of this caliber, and that you've become an excellent pilot under our organization, and that you've helped a lot of others out, and that you're well-respected here. That's a lot!
        [volun]

Comment

Who plays, when or why is nobody's concern other than my own, the site owner and the GO's here.
          Jex.

Comment

Geez Jex - That was the most British reponse I've ever heard from you......
            Anyway - I liked Boogie's response much better.. he he - is it hot in here , or is it me
            ???

Comment

Well I see the point and the way thing's run here ........I offer no more..... Enjoy ......

Comment

Originally posted by Doc197
                Geez Jex - That was the most British reponse I've ever heard from you......
                Anyway - I liked Boogie's response much better.. he he - is it hot in here , or is it me
                ???
                This is a community. We will not tolerate singling out people because they don't meet a certain criteria. Making Falcon an elitist entity does nothing to promote community at all. People who play falcon here at TG soon decide whether they like it or not and as long as they follow the rules, that is good enough. How much farther does it have to go - entrance exams to fly on the server?

I think people need to take a look at what TG is about. First and foremost it is about supporting a community of like minded players and to that end we need to be accomadating to a certain degree. To that end we cannot tell people when they can and cannot play on a server they pay for.

The O flight is there to make sure people know the rules. Whilst there have been some disputes over those recently (though nothing I've personally witnessed), things seem to be settling down. I cannot do anything about people who do not like to fly together and suggest that if that is the case, don't fly with people you cannot get along with

As for my earlier comment, I want to make sure people have a clear message. Nothing I said there was is meant to be taken any other way than fact. I don't sit here all day watching the forums, I do lead a life and do other things. I certainly don't want to be held up typing lenghty posts if I can get away with it...oops too late ;)
                Jex.

Comment

LOL!
                  Why don't everyone just get ur azzez in the chair and fly dammit!!
                  ... the gringo-ized version of Jex's originally Brittish post...

Don't worry man - nothin' but love here....

and Gunnery SGT. Hartman would say.."What are you trying to do to my beloved corps !!?"

.. tossed that in for you Kilo :)

Comment

"As for my earlier comment, I want to make sure people have a clear message. Nothing I said there was is meant to be taken any other way than fact."

I get it so we as Players and Paying member can't ask for anything Nor can we want to see a little more in here ... Unless You make it .... IE ...... Training Cert's that you are working on .... Why bother Falcon is a come and Play server ..."People who play falcon here at TG soon decide whether they like it or not and as long as they follow the rules, that is good enough"... Why put a password on the server .....

Then we had the Unwriten policy which I was just told by you was not a policy at all but durring my O'Flight I was told no flying other aircraft...Other admins I spoke to was under the same thought and many pilots were told this as well.........

This all Started because I want to try to get some new things going .NOT ONE THING I SAID WAS OUT OF LINE OR OFFENSIVE.. You yourself said on TS we need to weed out the pilots list ...... You also said it would be a good ideal to get a mailing list ....Why is the Medal Idea such a bad Ideal ... because someone said my Ideal of re o'flighting was wrong .... So I deserve this......"Who plays, when or why is nobody's concern other than my own"... That is a not something I would expect to hear from an Admin or GO to a member.......This is a comunnity not do as the Admins want and only what they want ....What you do at TE is your own thing but this is TG and as a member I think a little Respect is not out of line.....

Comment

Umm... sorry to butt in here, but why is there an issue here?

And umm... why can't we fly other aircraft?

Comment

This has become more then an issue of flying other Aircraft .... If you read there is now a bigger picture .....And to answer your question ..... "Then we had the Unwriten policy which I was just told by you was not a policy at all but durring my O'Flight I was told no flying other aircraft...Other admins I spoke to was under the same thought and many pilots were told this as well........."
                        "

Comment

Well let's just nip it in the bud and ask. Is it permissible to fly other aircraft than the F-16's on the campaign server?

I will admit that I thought it was not permitted, in order to help with stability. You have to assume that LP disabled the other aircraft for a reason. I mean, it would be a good selling point if they could say that multiple aircraft were modeled and flyable, right?

On a personal note, I'm not interested in flying any other craft UNLESS the flight model is shown to be pretty accurate AND I can use a reasonably accurate cockpit, which ain't gonna happen with LP. But if it's stable and it's permitted, have at it, says I. That's JUST an opinion. Jex has the final word.
                          [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-119th
                            "As for my earlier comment, I want to make sure people have a clear message. Nothing I said there was is meant to be taken any other way than fact."

I get it so we as Players and Paying member can't ask for anything Nor can we want to see a little more in here ... Unless You make it .... IE ...... Training Cert's that you are working on .... Why bother Falcon is a come and Play server ..."People who play falcon here at TG soon decide whether they like it or not and as long as they follow the rules, that is good enough"... Why put a password on the server .....

Then we had the Unwriten policy which I was just told by you was not a policy at all but durring my O'Flight I was told no flying other aircraft...Other admins I spoke to was under the same thought and many pilots were told this as well.........

This all Started because I want to try to get some new things going .NOT ONE THING I SAID WAS OUT OF LINE OR OFFENSIVE.. You yourself said on TS we need to weed out the pilots list ...... You also said it would be a good ideal to get a mailing list ....Why is the Medal Idea such a bad Ideal ... because someone said my Ideal of re o'flighting was wrong .... So I deserve this......"Who plays, when or why is nobody's concern other than my own"... That is a not something I would expect to hear from an Admin or GO to a member.......This is a comunnity not do as the Admins want and only what they want ....What you do at TE is your own thing but this is TG and as a member I think a little Respect is not out of line.....

Nothing you have said hs been out of line or offensive. Don't take anything I say here with any ill intention either :) As for who fly's on the server, I don't see how we can fairly impose limits on SM's or how SM's have a say on who can play and who cannot. People pay a sub to support the community and we can't limit access just because one person or 10 people want it. As long as the rules are followed what else should be done? I agree though, I would like more people to get better at the sim and learn more - it is frustrating sometimes flying with people who don't know a great deal but that's life. People don't always play the way you want them too, as a result, compromise must be met. Yes this is a community and as such, I have a responsibility to ALL members here, as well as individual players. The amount of bitchin' I have to put up with, issues, demands and so forth are also part of that responsibility. As is reading each of the F4 forums, daily, to keep up to date with what's going on in the world of falcon, plus other work behind the scenes (bug testing, re-writing whole TE's because of patch updates etc), making certifcates, trying to get the admins certified, updating the server blah blah blah, the list goes on.

The O flight is purely there to acquaint new players to the way we fly here. It isn't an exam and it does not have to be resat. All members to TG are obligated to a degree to make sure they read and understand the rules and abide by them for every game here. No other game at TG has an O flight equivalent (that I know of at least) and we only have one because falcon is buggy and needs players to be aware of certain ways to connect to the server and play the game. That is the reason for having it there. The other rules are gone over simply as a matter of course as it is a good opportunity to have them included.

The password was put on the server because none TG members were using it and I don't think that's right.

Of course people can ask for things and have free reign to try out new things - where have I ever got in the way of that? You make it sound as if I'm some fascist, stifling all attempts to bring in new ideas. That is certainly not the case and never will be. I've been making the certificates to add in something more here. If people want it, they'll go for them. I'm not making it a rule and we'll only know of their success IF people go for them. If people want to come up with there own ideas, good - I'd like to see more and it has my support. Just because I don't jump on an idea does not mean I don't support it but I also don't want more work to do - people have an idea, they can put in the time to bring it together and good luck!

With regards to other aircraft, does it really matter that much either way? It doesn't cause any problems does it? If it does another rule will be implemented. My stance has always been that flying other AC is a waste of time. I personally don't see the point in flying an A10 that is only an A10 in as much as the outside view and the weapon loadout (and even that may be suspect). Now that may have come across as a rule and I may have even said it once but I don't really care that much, times and attitudes do change and does it really matter if people do fly other aircraft? Is it really that big of a deal - no, not really. I also don't think it particularly fair to bring people up on every little thing that has been said in the past (or has thought to have been said). I don't keep a record of everything I say, or is said and my memory isn't the best either.
                            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                              With regards to other aircraft, does it really matter that much either way? It doesn't cause any problems does it?

Technically no otherwise LP would probably encrypt it and that would be the end of that. It only becomes a problem if someone creates a non-F16 package... then I'm unable to join them because I fly a F-16 sim to fly a F-16.

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
                              Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X