Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook program

Hi Guys,

I'm working on a little program which translates your logbook info to some nice data.
    I attached a screenie of the default page. Ofcourse i'll put this little app up for download once it's finished.

I'm wondering if there's something that you might find interesting to see in it!

Regards,
    stevie

ps. Hooking up soon online again and bringing along a friend!

Re: Logbook program

Oooooh....nice! This could end up being an "official" LP-sanctioned add-on! Nice skills!

Hey Stevie...how about adding a simple slider bar that shows your progress toward your next rank?

Like in your screenshot, you have 359 points and need 441 (for a total of 800).

So the progress bar would show you at 45%.

Does that make sense? I always thought that would be cool!

Nice job man!
    [volun]

Comment

Thats no problem and a nice idea.
      You know, the logbook.exe that you can download from LP shows all the stuff that you can view. A nice mixing of those can create some nice extra details. (Like the average kills and average time on missions).

I just started with the app today for a few hours (was bored hehe)

I also thought about putting up the ability to share/upload your logbook so that others can view it from the application. Not sure about that one though.

stev

Comment

how do you see how many point you have and how many more you need? I would love to know that info!

Comment

Officially Sanctioned by LP .... ughhh , do we really have to go there?!
          Anywhoo - nice proggy - and we could definately use some work in the Logbook area..
          Great Stuff !

Comment

Hi Tiger,

The field "Total Adjusted Score" that comes from the logbook.exe from LP tells you your current score. Somewhere on the net I found that LT comes at 150, captain at 300, major at 800, Lt col. at 1600 and last, colonel at 3200.

A simple substraction tells you how many point you have to get to earn a promotion.

stevie

Comment

Stevie - this is exceptional! :) Great stuff. Let em know when it's done and we'll put it up for download if you like :)
              Jex.

Comment

Hi guys.

I got a pretty 'finalized' program. Could you guys give it a run and see if you encounter something with your logbooks??

Anyway, one think i know is that i don't have all medals up there yet. Just the Air medal, Distinquished thing and the Airforce cross.

Readme is included for troubles, and otherwise post here :)

download here

stevie

Comment

Excellent program. One thing to fix is the medals screen only shows DFC and Air Medal for me. Maybe the window is not big enough to show all medals?

Comment

Also the average mission time seems to be off by a factor of 10 (71.2 hours/110 missions) does not equal 6.47 hours per mission but it does equal .647. Next rev can you convert to minutes per mission(multiply by 60 and change label to minutes)?

I think the utility is great, I am trying to help you work out the bugs.

Comment

Wow... this is really cool stevie... great job!..... It works great, but for some reason its finding my stats from about 3 or 4 months ago.... I can't figure it... I am now a Major and it identifies me as a Captain.... I have 1251 points, but it is showing me as 681. I have double checked everything... Path, Pilot name and such, but I can't find what I am doing wrong.... any suggestions would be appreciated.... once again.... really nice job bud!!

Chek6.... Fanatik

Comment

Stevie...this is really "Sierra Hotel!" I noticed the same thing with the average mission time as Smegma. Otherwise, it's spot on. Great work and you can bet it will get used like crazy! Big thanks!

I'd given up on my logbook...I may have to resurrect it!
                        [volun]

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

@Smeg: NP - I can need all the help i can get.
                          I think i know where the averages go wrong. It has to do with the decimals used in different regional settings. I will fix this asap.
                          About the medals: At this time only 3 medals are being displayed. The Airforce medal, the DFC and AFC. I wasn't able to find more the same quality of images on the net.

@Fanatik: Thats strange indeed. Fanatik, would you browse to your falcon/config folder and look for the converted file. It should be like: fanatik.lbk.txt. Check and see if you see anything that might interfere (like captials?). If you open up the fanatik.lbk.txt you should be able to read the info that i'm using. It should add up. Otherwise it's using a different installation of falcon?

Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Here i am again with the first release with fixes :)

* Added fix for the regional setting where your averages where not shown correctly. (Please let me know if this did the trick)
                            * Added the hour & minute as Smegma suggested.

You can download it here: FALCONLOG
                            (just replace the falconlog.exe if you already downloaded)

stevie

Comment

Looking great!

Did some testing with your new release...I understand how you are calculating progress toward next rank, but consider this...

Right now I have 842 total points. I need 758 more to reach Lt. Col. at 1600 points. My progress bar is at 53%, which is true - I have 53 percent of the points needed for Lt. Col.

What might be even more useful is if it showed progress based on your current rank.

For example, what if you calculated it as my having 42 points of the 800 MORE I need to reach Lt. Col?

In that case my progress would be less than one percent. This way, when you reach a new rank, the progress bar goes back to zero, instead of moving back to 50%.

Just a thought. Either way it's a good indicator of how you are progressing. Kick-ass, Stevie!
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X