Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's up for some formation flying?

From C3PO

Here's a challenge: I'd be very interested to see the very best efforts of various groups in formation flying with 1.0.7. Send me your FRAPs videos of your best work and I'll make a compilation for a worldwide news release. There's already considerable interest outside of the community in 1.0.7 and the benefits it brings to MP. If you want to see your best work in lights, send me a PM.

Training will be intense
    Jex.

Re: Who's up for some formation flying?

Sounds awesome!

I'm would love to participate.

stevie

Comment

I would do this soon MV has made 3 Vids for this already ......I am Date : Time ?????

Comment

We need to decide if we are going to devote our time to this or the TG movie...

Slammer

Comment

Formation Flying requires hours of practice and we'd need to start now. Our vid doesn't require practice, only shooting. We could do FF when we have time spare that doesn't get in the way of vidding and see how we get on.
          Jex.

Comment

C3PO
            Over the next week would be great.
            If that's the case we'd need to work fast, lol
            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              If that's the case we'd need to work fast, lol
              Very Very Fast!

Comment

Well I'm still up for doing it. We should get some flying going and see what comes of it.
                Jex.

Comment

Time and date for practice?

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
                  Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

LP Is looking for Just Fromation Flying ... Diamond and Delta Formation .... Formation Take off's Turning ,,, and if posible Landing ...... So we do not need to do attack runs or Air to Air ..... We can make a simple TE for the LP Vid ..... 2x 4 Ship ...... I hear MV has completed 4 Vids with Music....I am with Stevie Time and Date ...... I say Friday night and Saturday .....I have a 8 Ship TE in Korea 2005 ....... I say we put it on the server and run it .....That way we can film and fly ... You get better frames by doing it that way ...

Comment

We won't get a vid out by the time 3p0 wants it. I think we should just`carry on and make our own. Incidentally though we should be using lockon to do this as it has 10 times the camera views, much better graphics, etc. However, we all have falcon so unless there's a call to go over to LockOn, we'll use this.

As for filming, practice is needed first - and lots of it. I suggest people get together when they can and start trying to hold a formation. As we all are around at different times, getting together at the same time will be problematic. To help out I'll see if I can find my old formation flying stuff. In the meantime, I'll put up a seperate post with some tips for what to do and how to do it.
                      Jex.

Comment

"We won't get a vid out by the time 3p0 wants it. " I thought we could but OK .........Back to square one ......

Comment

Heheh who cares? We can make a nice video anyway.. Maybe a promotional one. I have LockOn but I refuse to start it up. The graphics are way to brightly colored and feels less a simulator IMHO.

stevie

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                            We won't get a vid out by the time 3p0 wants it.
                            Keep in mind that he's just looking for formation footage, not necessarily a complete video. He'll be choosing the best stuff and compiling it.

Originally posted by jex
                            In the meantime, I'll put up a seperate post with some tips for what to do and how to do it.
                            Looking forward to it. :)

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
                            Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

If we can get something out then by all means go for it. Holding anything other than a loose formation though is unlikely - it takes a lot of practice to get a group of guys able to pull that off and we want to submit something other than another group of guys flying in a straight line. It'd be nice to have a diamond roll
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X