This Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Friday

Do we have any Pilots for a Friday night Dog Fight .. Then a few missions ..... I would like to start at 6 PM EST ....... Please post here if you can do it .......I have some new pilots up for dog fighting to learn some air to air skills and I need some Agressor Pilots ......

Re: This Friday

I might be able to make it around 8

Comment

I can fly between 6:15pm (EDT) and 7:30pm and then perhaps later around 10:00pm till whenever.

Comment

My girlfriend is out for the weekend and a friend of mine comes over and brings his PC. We will do alot of falcon this weekend, thats for sure. I'll see if we can make it aswell. I had some problems connecting to a server with another PC hooked up on my LAN.

stevie

Comment

I can definately do it.:)

Comment

I will try and make it as well.

Haven't played in a while though so I might be a bit rusty.

Comment

Soooo, there we were, Bigduke and myself looking for the aggressor. Suddenly I spot him, high, at my two o'clock at about five miles. I slam open my throttle to full afterburner and go for height while notching, hoping he hasn't seen us but I know he has. As I gain height I turn my viper into lag pursuit keeping my lift vector on his aircraft and attempt to pull around behind. He does the same and as we merge I can see Wolfs flying a Mig 29. I remember reading somewhere that to enter a turning fight with a Mig 29 is certain death so I roll over and slam my nose to the ground to pick up speed and loop around back on his tail, hoping to drag him into a circle fight. I pick them up as I go over the top. Wolf's on Bigdukes tail and I can see long tracer lines dancing around his aircraft. The loop I did brought me behind them so I scream down with full afterburner and line up Wolf in my EEGS gunfunnel. Wolf's still firing at Bigduke, so I lock him up in an effort to make him break off his attack, and squeeze the trigger at the same time. I fire once then twice, the familiar vroooom noise from the gun sending 20mm shells through the Mig. Black smoke starts to trail behind as he breaks off to the right and I over shoot. Wolf reports that he has multiple damage, powerloss,bad trim characteristics, basically a badly wounded bird. Should be an easy kill now I thought. How wrong I was. Before I knew it Wolf's on my tail shooting back. I dive towards the ground jinking left and right, drawing him into a circle fight, 500,600,700,800knots, bitchin betty screaming at me to pull up, tracers arcing wildly around my canopy. I manage to pull out with 300 ft to spare with the airframe groaning and creaking and go vertical thinking he would be far behind me. Wrong again, Wolf's still firing at me from behind as we climb 2000,5000, 10000,20000. How can he still be there with power loss?. As I pull over the top I roll 180 then 180 again trying to spit the Mig in front of me. Wolf reports he's experiencing 'red out' from negative 'Gs' as he's trying to stay on me,which was a first for him. We pass about 200ft from each other in a scissors manouver as we run out of energy so I pull down to the ground for a repeat performance. Going vertical on the second loop I change tactics and put him on my 3/9 line and start a turning fight, hoping his power loss will cause him to run out of energy as he climbs, but he does the same as me and I soon realise the angle off is not enough, and my lead pursuit is turning into a lag pursuit, as he out turns me. I open full speed brakes and apply full rudder to try to keep lead pursuit, hoping for that fatal snap shot, but I'm running out of energy as I keep up the turn and have to dive again. Man, migs turn tight. I dive down again and on the third loop, as we pull out down the bottom, Bigduke pulls in behind Wolf and saves my butt. As Wolf breaks off me, we take it in turns trying to blow the wounded Mig from the sky. Bigduke and Wolf ensue in there own battle for virtual survival. Finally I get to do a vertical lead turn as the mig is diving on Bigduke, and as I climb, I roll 180 as he flys overhead and came down on top of him with a fatal shot.
              This was one of a few fights we had and my first time dogfighting using multiplayer in falcon, and I must say the best experience in dog fighting I've had online yet. I used to dogfight a lot in Combat flight sim,mainly with Hurricanes and Spitfires. Thanks to Wolf and Bigduke for the experience. Great flying by you both. Other High lights of the match was Bigduke running out of fuel?? and Wolf flaming out both of his engines and me catching a heater up my tailpipe. Hope more Pilots can make it for the next one.:)

Comment

That was fun ....... When you add more pilots and have a team fur ball then you see what real pilots deal with when all the have is Fox-1 ....... Sorting and Comms become a critical part when you have all that going on ......As Dos Gringos sing's ... I am going in for guns ..... We will try this friday too ... And for you lomac people hummmmmm same thing for that mabey ..???? Never know ...

Comment

Sounds fun guys sorry I couldn't make it but it sounds like wolf had everything under controll. I hope to see you guys soon in the unfriendly skys!

Slammer

Comment

Great recap Ridler. You really captured how fun that was. For me, it's quite an experience to be pulling Gs in all sorts of awkward angles, always struggling to preserve energy, while you fight to get in behind your opponent, who is also struggling to stay on your wingman's six. During all this, I find myself sometimes pausing to marvel at the ballet that the other two fellows are engaged in. Wolf, Ridler: the two of you were in some beautiful fights that night.

Let's see if we can get some others out for these fights. As Wolf mentions, a few more and we got a real furball. That would be a blast. And then imagine heaters flying across the sky too. Oh, my.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X