A good Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good Question

Ok it seems Falcon has hit a Slow point in TG ....... Everywere else it has picked up and they seem to do some cool events ......Would the people like to see Falcon more orginized with set nights for Training and mabey monthly Events ....Events that would involve the Outside permotion of TG and get some new people to the server ......Mabey Advanced advertised training ....... Flight Wing deticated to helping new Pilots and Monthly Combat missions ......If people would like more info on my Ideal I will be making a word doc that will explain it all....I have spoken with with Apothis about an Ideal I had but thought I would see were we can go here .....Falcon is fun and very educational at the same time .....
    So I am looking for input from the group of pilots here in TG ........

Re: A good Question

This summer is not going to be a great time for me as far as flight time just because of all the stuff I am doing. Not only have I joined the Civil Air Patrol but now I am learning to fly A REAL AIRPLANE and doing weekly training on communications, land searches, and wilderness medicne. Plus my real Job, bitches, rock climbing, camping, the lake etc. etc. etc. Summer in Western NC is great but not so great for indoor activities.

Anyway, thats my status... I do think you have some great Ideas wolf and it sounds like a blast. Maybe if we sceduled some stuff then I could manage my time a little better and make some time for falcon God knows I want to.

Anyway hope to talk to you guys soon and get some flights in!

Slammer

Comment

Same here...summer brings a lot of activity to the Boogieman household, most of which occurs outside the house. It's been tough lately to find any Falcon time. But I'll be back in the pit soon...
      [volun]

Comment

I am up for anything that will get more people flying on the server. I can not say that I have been a solid regular, as I check in to fly only 2 or 3 times per week. Like many others it seems, my available time to fly is very limited. I'm getting a good solid mission in only about once maybe every other week. And I am at this point in my flying where I constantly feel like I'm shaking off the rust - I get a couple of missions in and I almost get back to my old self and then I don't fly for another couple of weeks so I quickly recollect that rust. I can certainly welcome the training.

I would definitely like to see Falcon more organized. Something I've always admired with other squadrons are their structure training regimens. I also think that set nights for certain flights would be helpful. At least for me, if I read that there will be such and such flight at such and such time, that helps me to schedule my other activities. I figure it's a win-win for me - I know there will be others around so I will get some flight time; and I feel that I'm helping the squadron by being another body to fly a jet.

Thank you Wolf for being so persistent on trying to get others in the air. I'm sorry that I don't have very many ideas as for getting others online. But I do appreciate the effort. I first found TG by reading a post at Frugals. Perhaps more posting/inviting there might draw others. When I joined TG, it seemed that there was someone on the server at almost any hour. That is a fairly rare occurrence now. I can only hope though.

Comment

Well I have not been on lately due to my back injury does not allow me to sit for long period of time .....I come in and out os TS and see no one or by the time some one gets in my time in this chair is up .....Every Idea I have had has been run through channels and we hit road blocks .... I have a way to do this and it would be nice to get TG were Multi is ..... We have Talented Pilots and more people need to know this ...It would be a big boost for the flight sim Market ......And I think we should not only limit to Falcon for training .... You can learn to fly combat aircraft in Flight Sim 2004 ..... People who fly FS 20004 can learn pilot and nav skills there and then transition to Falcon when they feel there landings are better or they feel they can fly in a group better ...There is also Lock on for a more Dramatic Visual effects ... I have Lomac with Flamming Cliffs and find it to be fun for short misssion ....... I will post my Ideal for what I would like to see here in Falcon and get everyones response .......Most of you know were I stand on what I would like to see so I already know what some are going to say .... Will post in the next 24 hrs ....

Comment

Ok here is my Ideal .....

1. We need to arange and Open House to get the Word out that TG has a server and we suport new Pilots.... : Have mabey once a month the server has no password and we save the server at it's present state ..... Drop the level so new poilots can have a nice time ......OR have people contact a person for Teamspeak info to acsess the server ......
            2. Have an Training Officer , Information Officer, And a Flight Officer
            A: Training Officer : Appoints 3-4 people under himm for training of new pilots and monthly training ....
            B:Information Officer : Provide information on Flight Sim Forums of TG and what we do and who we are ...Will also apoint as need people to help with Special event promotion ....IE: Artwork,Flash ad's Ect....Will also provide information to new pilots in the from of a Zip file of all TG Rules and Operating Procedures...This way a new pilot is well aware of what we ask for in the server...
            C:Flight Officer is basicly the Group admin with a Title.....
            All pilots holding a position as an officer will meet once a month or as need during the month to discuse were the group is and what needs to be done .....
            And as most people know I have talked about statrting a Flight wing..... This would be were new pilots would look for advice and help after they learn the basics of combat flight .... They can work there way up and become a member of the group and incress there skills... This group would have a Rank Structure and would not in anyway hinder other pilots....As part of this group they will train atleast once a month in tactics and skills.....There still are iteams to be ironed out in this group .... But I would like to see how many would be interested in this Ideal as well.....

Well this is the base of my ideal....Any question let me know ....I will get on TS with anyone about this ...

Comment

Ok so people look but dont have an opinon ......Odd .........Shame we cant get TG Falcon more out there to the public ........

Comment

Wolf, i get your point. Me lacking in response is only because the time is not right - RL wise that is.

If only I had more time at hands... Sigh! It would be nice to organize a special event every once a week, and training indeed. But 'we' need the numbers - and we are not getting the people we want (= no mavericks) going the mvs way I think.

The communtiy for Falcon4 has pretty much been settled already I guess. You need that bit of extra spice to attract new and current falcon pilots.

So, a 'big' mission on a fixed time and date with a write up etc will attract people and maybe just maybe they will also check TS after that.

Maybe we're going to have to wait untill somewhere after the summer because the weather is just to bloody hot!

stevie

Comment

I work away from home so it can be a bit difficult to get flying time in. I have access to a computer to keep up to date with the forums. Some good points though Wolf, TG is a lot quieter lately, I guess mainly due to summer. Also I noticed MVs got a big mention in PC Pilot magazine in the may/june edition so they're going to be even more popular.

I also would like to see a better structured and organized Squadron with more than just one weekly event to try to cater for people who can only make it on certain days/nights of the week. Maybe 3 weekly events. Just a thought.

It's funny you should mention rules and sops as I have compiled them all together with a few basic flying information at the beginning of the year when I did the Brevity codes. I just never posted it. Any way, I'll be on teamspeak on Sunday morning around 0800est and also Monday night around 1900est.

Comment

TG runs on members suport.....You cant get suport if you dont do anything ....We take for granted that non suporting member can come in and fly and that is great ...Apothis would like to have more suporting members...People are not goingt to pay to suport a server that does not have Structure or Events that they see others doing ....I have counted 10 Pilots who are flying else were I have been on other TS and Ventrillo and they are there due to the fact that they have Dog fight Matchs,Force on Force missions,A large command staff and training .....All I am asking is we get a new look for falcon.......I get alot of PM's in suport of this post it here .....Falocon can only get better ....

Comment

I actually snapped the CD-Roms to that game 5 minutes after installing it. Immediately deleteing everything that had to do with it. whipping my rig clean.

Comment

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by VVaFFenPanZZeR
                          I actually snapped the CD-Roms to that game 5 minutes after installing it. Immediately deleteing everything that had to do with it. whipping my rig clean.
                          I don't follow.....
                          New to TG?

Comment

I have seen some bad CD were when they spin up to speed the Fracture due to hair line cracks in the Disk..... Did it to my Windows XP CD ....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X