The B61

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The B61

Sorry if I'm late to discover this but has anyone tried dropping the B61?

It's fitted in the center of the f16; drop it over a city at high alt and prepare for LAG.

Re: The B61

We had a fun mission one time with the B61...

Fuzzy was complaining that he couldn't destroy an ammo dump to save his life! Not because the target is too small or because he was using the wrong munition but just because he tried so many times and never got it done ;) So Jex decided that he would make up a TE where we flew to Wonsong Airbase where there were three ammo dumps (one smaller one) and load out everyone with three B61's.

I can't remember who all was in the flight but there were like eight people involved in this strike all loaded out with three B61s. Nobody in the flight had ever really dropped a nuke in the game before so nobody knew how high to fly to stay out of the blast range so we decided on something like angles 25.

Fuzzy lead the flight of course and all eight of us flew tward the target everyone had a pricision steerpoint set up and we split the three ammo dumps equally between everybody. So we got over the target and Fuzzy decides he is going to drop his bombs and follow them in and do a kamakazi on his target (like 24 nukes isn't enough) :) So, bombs away and everyone hits the bruner to get the heck outa dodge because a whole lotta hurt and fuzzy is headed for wonson airbase!

All of a sudden everyone is like what the heck happened??? We found out later that you have to fly above angles 30 to survive a tactical nucular strike. But we all got an exellent pilot rating and fuzzy got something like 2000 ground kills so all in all it was a good mission. But, I don't remember if we got those damn ammo dumps My guess would be yes but who really give a sh it!

Slammer

Comment

Slammer remember when we did a TE and you were sitting on the taxiway 80 NM away and everything went white and then when you could see the airbase was gone .....

Comment

I was bored one day and made a TE for a single plane. I dropped a single B61 from 37k feet over Toksan. The screen went white and I got about 3fps for a couple minutes while NK burned and I racked up a couple thousand kills. I lived and fraped it too, but it's not too exciting.
        New to TG?

Comment

Slammer remember when we did a TE and you were sitting on the taxiway 80 NM away and everything went white and then when you could see the airbase was gone .....
          Yea I remember that I am just sitting on the runway and Wolf drops a nuke! All of a sudden all the buildings at the airbase are destroyed and the trees are on fire. I guess my f-16 has some emp shielding or something because all my electronics were still fine and my engine was still running.

Slammer

Comment

hahahahah rofl - i have to try that one too once.. rofl

Comment

If I recall correctly - Fuzzy's ammo dump survived! Good times!
              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X