Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, RAMP start question

Good morning chaps.

Owned F4AF for about 2 weeks. And have been plodding through the training missions (time allowing). I am about to start on Training Mission 12 (Navigation and Timing).

However, I carried out the RAMP start, for the first time this morning (finished 5 minutes ago)! And have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them for me?

1. Throttle Idle Detent: (I purchased a Cougar at the same time as buying F4AF). Did older Cougars come with the Throttle Idle Detent, as part of the throttle itself?

Or during the procedure did people just click on the one presented on the throttle in the Sim, or (if easier) select ALT-I off the keyboard?

2. INS to ALIGN NORM: Have got the switch into the ALIGN NORM position (where it will take about 8 minutes to warm up). I then continue with the rest of the RAMP start procedure, whereby I check the INS status in the DED.

When the first line in the DED reaches approx 9.7, the 1st line flashes RDY. In the bottom left of the HUD, ALIGN/1.0 Flashes continuously.

Is the INS aligned once you get the flashing RDY in the DED, and flashing ALIGN/1.0 in the HUD?

I completed the procedure (to the best of my knowledge), got permission to Taxi then takeoff. I then noted that the Pitch Ladder is missing from the HUD display. I know SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-P toggles the Pitch Ladder ON/OFF. But I would have thought having this on and ready would have been part of the RAMP start, and includied in the instructions?

Thanks in advance for your comments. One day soon, I hope to participate in an 'O' Flight.

Re: Morning all, RAMP start question

Yes the Cougar uses a dentent .... That is the Click you hear..You can internaly set the Idle and AB detent by moving the rings inside ....You can find the how to info on Frugals world there cougar fourum.http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/index.php..Also a little uttilty to set the detents is found here..."C:\Program Files\HOTAS\ThrottleRange.exe".....We here do not do many ramp starts so someone else will have to answer the other question.....

Comment

2 - You should be ready after it gets to 8 and when it says RDY in the DED you're good to go.

The pitch ladder should be present. Are you following the guide in the manual? Is it only the pitch ladder that is missing? Did you take off once you noticed the pitch ladder was missing?

Book an O Flight whenever you like. It's only to go over the server rules and if you need help with anything, see an IP or anyone else here who is willing to help you. Welcome to TG :)
      Jex.

Comment

Hi. You may also want to have a look at the Ramp Start Trainer available in the downloads section of our site: http://www.lead-pursuit.com/downloads.htm

Comment

You can get more question aswered by coming on TS and asking the pilots in there .....We gat alot of questions here but no one in the server or on TS ....It is easyer to show it then discribe it ....Hey Cooler we getting a 1.08 patch ?????

Comment

I think we have made it pretty clear already that there will be a 1.08 patch. News update at our site tonight. http://www.lead-pursuit.com/

Comment

Thks for the Update .....

Comment

Originally posted by jex

The pitch ladder should be present. Are you following the guide in the manual? Is it only the pitch ladder that is missing? Did you take off once you noticed the pitch ladder was missing?

Book an O Flight whenever you like. It's only to go over the server rules and if you need help with anything, see an IP or anyone else here who is willing to help you. Welcome to TG :)
                Thanks to everyone for their answers. Thanks for the pointer too Cooler. I apologise for the delay in replying, I'm 'out, and about a lot' at the mo.

Pitch ladder is present o/c RAMP start, Taxi to runway, position and hold etc. But as soon as I go wheels up, it disappears from the HUD.

I just switch it back on again now. And must admit, I only do a RAMP, to familirise myself on what switch is on what panel.

Once again, I thank you all for trying to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sssnake_Eyes
                  Thanks to everyone for their answers. Thanks for the pointer too Cooler. I apologise for the delay in replying, I'm 'out, and about a lot' at the mo.

Pitch ladder is present o/c RAMP start, Taxi to runway, position and hold etc. But as soon as I go wheels up, it disappears from the HUD.

I just switch it back on again now. And must admit, I only do a RAMP, to familirise myself on what switch is on what panel.

Once again, I thank you all for trying to help out.
                  I know the HUD symbology is different for a gear up/down configuration. The addition of the pitch steering cue (AOA Bracket) and additional 5 degree hashes are only present in a gear down config. It's possible that the aircraft computer is remembering the pitch ladder off for both configs and when you switch to gear up the ladder goes bye-bye. Simply configuring the gear up mode to restore the pitch ladder might be enough.
                  Pavehawk
                  Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...